VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017 –The Master’s degree programme in Public Health Entomology (M.Sc., PHE) of Pondicherry University is offered by Vector Contro
VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017 –The Master’s degree programme in Public Health Entomology (M.Sc., PHE) of Pondicherry University is offered by Vector Control Research Centre, Puducherry. Candidates can check the complete information of VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017 application process, eligibility criteria and other information through this page below.
Latest – List of eligible candidates for Common Entrance Test (Category I) has been announced now. Check the link below.
VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017
Candidates seeking admission in M.Sc Public Health Entomology have to fill the downloadedapplication from the official website. For admission in said course candidates have to appear in the Entrance Test and Personal Interview which will be held in the month of June 2017. Selection of the candidates shall be made on the basis of performance in entrance test and interview.
Schedule for the VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017 is given below.
|Last date for the submission of filled in application||20 May 2017 – Category I
31 May 2017 – Category II
|Date of Common Entrance Test (Category I)||18 Jun 2017|
|Date of Personal Interview (Category IIA)||19 Jun 2017|
|Declaration of Results||21 Jun 2017|
|Admission||26 to 30 Jun 2017|
|Commencement of Classes||03 Jul 2017|
VCRC M.Sc 2017 Shortlisted Candidates
List of eligible Candidates under Category I for M.Sc., PHE Entrance Exam 2017 to be held at Puducherry on 18.06.2017 at 10.00 am to 12.00 pm is announced now. Candidates can check the same from the direct link given below.
Venue of the Exam : Achariya College of Engineering & Technology Achariyapuram, Villianur, Puducherry – 605 110
- List of eligible candidates
- A candidate admitted into the M.Sc. Public Health Entomology Course shall submit the prescribed application form for registration duly filled in along with prescribed fee and declaration in the format, to the Academic Officer of this University through the affiliated institution within 60 days from the cut-off date prescribed for admission.
- Application process is over now..!!
The envelope containing the application form should be superscribed as: “APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION TO M.Sc., PHE” and sent by Registered / Speed Post to: The Director, Vector Control Research Centre, Medical Complex, Indira Nagar, Puducherry 605 006. Applications from Indian Nationals should be accompanied by (i) a Demand Draft to the value of Rs.100/- (Rs.50/- in the case of SC/ST candidates) towards application fee, drawn in favour of “The Director, Vector Control Research Centre”, payable at Puducherry, and (ii) a self addressed envelope stamped to the value of Rs. 50/-. Foreign nationals can pay the application fee at the time of their admission. For more details, including the fee structure, please see the prospectus. Incomplete application in any respect will be rejected and no communication in this regard will be entertained.
- Category I: Open Competition-Candidates seeking admission under this category should have passed any one of the following examinations of any University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry: B.Sc., in the discipline of Zoology / Botany / Life Sciences / Medical Laboratory Technology/ Microbiology / Ecology / Environmental Science / Biochemistry, or B.V.Sc., or M.B.B.S., or B.E., / B.Tech., degree with Biotechnology as one of the subjects. Those who are appearing for the Under Graduate final examinations / waiting for the results of the above courses can also apply. However, they need to produce evidence for the successful completion of the course fulfilling the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
- Category II: In-service (Self supporting / Sponsored)
A. Indian Nationals
- In-service candidates employed either in Government or Non-Government organizations and sponsored by the employer should have passed the Degree examination in any of the disciplines indicated under Category I from a recognized University accepted by the Academic Council of Pondicherry University, Puducherry. The in-service candidates should send their application with a “No Objection Certificate” from their employer.
- B. Foreign Nationals
- The applicants under this category possessing qualification as mentioned under the Category I or the qualification for which Equivalent Certificate obtained from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi are eligible to apply. They will be required to produce Eligibility Certificate from Pondicherry University, Puducherry, subsequently for recognition of their qualification. Applications should be routed through the employer or sponsoring/nominating authority/organization. Applicants with valid visa for the entire duration of the study, only, will be admitted.
- Category I: 8 (General 50.5%, OBC 27%; SC 15% & ST 7.5%);
- Category IIA: 2;
- Category IIB: 2
The rule of reservation set in force by the Government of India and Pondicherry University, Puducherry shall be followed while allocation of seats during admission from time to time. Sixty Percentage of admission is through competitive examination and remaining each twenty percentage is for candidates from India (in-service) and abroad respectively. Wherever sufficient numbers of candidates are not available in a particular category interchanging will be done.
Scheme of Examination
Examinations shall be conducted at the end of each semester as per the Academic Calendar notified by the Pondicherry University.
- The system of evaluation shall be as follows:
- Internal assessment will be broadly based on attendance in Theory and Practical classes (5 marks), assignments (10 marks), seminars (10 marks) and tests in the theory (25 marks).
The end semester examinations will comprise theory examination (100 marks), practical examination (40 marks), record (5 marks) and viva-voce (5 marks). These criteria are tentative and could be modified based on guidelines approved by the Pondicherry University, Puducherry.
Field training will be evaluated for 30 marks based on the field report (20 marks) and presentation (10 marks).As regards Dissertation, the scheme of evaluation shall be as follows: Dissertation work would be assigned after the completion of Semester III. This component would be evaluated for 150 marks. There shall be a viva-voce examination conducted by a Board of Examiners at the end of Semester IV on the Dissertation that shall be assessed for 20 marks.
- Examinations for courses shall be conducted only in the respective odd and even Semesters as per the Scheme of Examinations. Regular as well as Supplementary students shall be permitted to appear/reappear in courses of Odd Semesters only at the end of Odd Semesters and courses of Even Semesters only at the end of Even Semesters respectively. No student shall be allowed to avail of more than two chances to pass a paper inclusive of the first attempt.
Method of Selection
- Selection of the candidates under Category I will be based on their performance in the common entrance test (two hours duration), Category II A: based on an oral interview and Category II B: based on a letter of recommendation/ reference from the Head of Department/Institution, last studied, if the candidate is a student or the Employer, if he/she is in service.
Both common entrance test and oral interview will be held at VCRC, Puducherry and the date will be intimated to the eligible applicants individually. The list of candidates selected for admission will be published in our website (http://www.vcrc.res.in).
For more detail of VCRC M.Sc Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.