With the 2016 amendment of the Medical Council of India Law and the Indian Government's 2016 Indian Dentist Law, the Common Eligibility Test has been
With the 2016 amendment of the Medical Council of India Law and the Indian Government’s 2016 Indian Dentist Law, the Common Eligibility Test has been introduced by the Government of India
Government of India namely. National Qualification and Approval Test (NEET-UG). Applicants who wish to be admitted to the MBBS / BDS courses of Tamil Nadu colleges are
NEET 2019. The Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Personnel Development has commissioned the National Testing Agency (NTA)
Lead the NEET (UG) – 2019. Applicants can read this article about the Tamil Nadu 2019 medical certification for MBBS / BDS courses.
Tamil Nadu Medical 2019 – Events Schedule
|Date of NEET 2019||05 May 2019|
|Date of Notification issued||07 Jun 2019|
|Date of Commencement of online application||07 Jun 2019|
|Last date for online submission of application||20 Jun 2019|
|Last date for receipt of filled-in online application||21 Jun 2019|
|Tentative date of declaration of Rank list||02 Jul 2019|
|NRI and minority seats:
| Special Category and wards of I.R.T. employees
|Commencement of courses||01 Aug 2019|
|Closure of admission||18 Aug 2019|
Click Here for Government Quota Online Registration.
Click Here for Management/NRI Quota Online Registration.
Candidates should submit their filled-in online application form by uploading the details in the required fields. After filling up of the required fields in the online application, the candidate should download the filled in application and send the same along with the required enclosures to the following address:
THE SECRETARY, SELECTION COMMITTEE, 162,
PERIYAR E.V.R. HIGH ROAD,
KILPAUK, CHENNAI – 10.
If any original documents are enclosed along with the online application form, it will not be returned, and the Selection Committee is no way responsible for those documents. Candidates are required to enclose only photocopies of the following certificates along with the filled in the online application form.
NEET- UG 2019 Admit card and Scorecard.
Class X Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be photocopied).
Class XI Mark Sheet (both sides of Mark Sheet should be photocopied).
H.S.C. Mark sheet (both sides of the mark sheet should be photocopied) or any other equivalent examination.
- Transfer certificate obtained after the completion of H.S.C. or equivalent courses.
- Certificate for proof of study from VI Std. to XII Std.
- Nativity certificate obtained from Tamil Nadu for the candidates who are seeking admission under minority category.
- Permanent Community Certificate Card.
- NRI related documents, if applicable.
- Special Category Form with an additional fee of Rs.100/- via Bank payment portal or by means of
- Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Selection Committee, Kilpauk, Chennai-10” payable at Chennai with relevant certificates for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Eminent Sports Person (in person) and ExServicemen, if applicable. (for management quota)
Mode of Fee Payment
- Method of payment through Debit Card, Credit Card / Net banking Necessary facilities have been provided for making payment through nationalized banks via bank payment portal.
- Candidates must note that mere deduction of fee from the Bank account is not a proof of fee payment.
- Check the validity of the Debit / Credit Card and keep it ready with you while logging on to the website for submitting the application form. Candidate should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit / Credit Card.
- The candidates can make payment of Rs.1000/- (Rs. 500/- for management quota) towards the cost of application fee through the Demand Draft in favour of The Secretary, Selection Committee, Office of the Director of Medical Education, Chennai-10.
1. Processing charges will also be paid by the candidate for online payment of fee through Debit / Credit Card / Net Banking along with applicable taxes by the respective Banks. Details of the same are available on the official websites, www.tnhealth.org and www.tnmedicalselection.org.
2. The candidates must note that after submission of the online application form, it cannot be withdrawn. Claims for refund of the cost of application, if any, arose due to double time payment should be substantiated with proper evidence to the Secretary, Selection Committee, Directorate of Medical Education, Kilpauk, Chennai.-10.
1. Must be an Indian Citizen
2. Overseas Citizens of India, who are registered under Section 7A of the Citizenship Act, 1955 (Central Act 57 of 1955), are also eligible to apply for MBBS/BDS courses, however, they will have to produce proof of such registration.
- Should be a native of Tamil Nadu
- Candidates who have studied Classes VIII to XII Classes in schools in Tamil Nadu need not submit the “ Nativity Certificate”, but the candidates who have studied Classes VIII to XII pertly or completely outside Tamil Nadu have to submit the “ Nativity Certificate”
The candidate should be 17 years of the age on or before 31st December 2019.
Admission to MBBS / BDS Degree Courses shall be based solely on marks obtained in the National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET–UG 2019).
In order to be eligible for admission to MBBS / BDS Courses for a particular academic year, it shall be necessary for a candidate to obtain a minimum of marks at 50th percentile in National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test to MBBS / BDS Courses held for the said academic year. However, in respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the minimum marks shall be at 40th percentile. In respect of candidates with BenchMark Disabilities specified under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016, the minimum marks shall be at 45th percentile for unreserved category candidates and 40th percentile for SC / ST / OBC candidates.