GATE 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Form Correction The application form for GATE 2020 will release in September, 2019. The form can be f
GATE 2020 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Form Correction
The application form for GATE 2020 will release in September, 2019. The form can be filled in online mode only. It is made available on the official website gate.iitd.ac.in or the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE) is the preferred gateway for graduate engineers to either pursue higher education at a prestigious institute or bag a well-paying job with one of the illustrious organizations of the country.Check PSU recruitments through GATE
- The test is conducted annually each year by one of the seven IITs or the IISc, Bangalore. Candidates can choose to take the test in one among 24 subjects including Statistics which was included in 2019. Check Gate 2020 Syllabus
- Candidates should ensure to check GATE 2020 eligibility criteria thoroughly prior to applying for the exam.
- The count-down for GATE 2020 has already begun and IIT Delhi is expected to bear the responsibility of convening the test this year. Candidates must start with their preparation for the test.
- Successful registered and eligible candidates will be issued GATE 2020 Admit Card
GATE 2020 Application Form Highlights
|Exam Name||Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineers (GATE)|
|Conducting Authority||IIT, Delhi|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Availability of GATE Application Form||September, 2019|
|Last date to submit GATE 2020 Application Form||October, 2019|
|GATE 2020 Application Form Correction dates||November, 2019|
|GATE 2020 Exam sate||February, 2020|
GATE 2020 Application Dates
Below mentioned is the tentative schedule for GATE 2020, the official dates will be updated here as and when released.
|Application Form Availability||September, 2019|
|Application Form Submission Deadline||October, 2019|
|Application Fee Remittance Deadline||October, 2019|
|Form Correction Deadline||November, 2019|
|Availability of Admit Card||January, 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date||February, 2020|
How to Fill GATE 2020 Application Form?
GATE 2020 Application Form can be filled up through the official website in the following simple steps:
- GATE Registration – Register through GOAPS and receive Enrolment ID at the registered email address.
- Fill GATE Application Form – Login to GOAPS with Enrolment ID and fill up application form with correct details.
- Uploading Documents – Upload required documents as per specifications.
Check GATE Photo Size, Dimensions, Format and Other Details
- Fee Payment – Pay the application fee using one of the electronic payment modes.
- Download Application Form – Upon successful application fee payment and form submission, download filled in the application form for the records.
- Check application status – Received/ Under Scrutiny/ Accepted/ Defect Status/ Status after Rectification/ Rejected with Valid Reasons/ Admit Card ready for download statuses can be checked.
Please note, GOAPS allows candidates to save the partially filled form and log out to return later for completing the form. The portal is self-explanatory and user-friendly.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
GATE 2020 Application Fee has to be paid online using either Net Banking or Debit/ Credit Cards. Additional online transaction charges as applicable will have to be borne by the candidates. The anticipated category-wise GATE 2020 Application Fee is presented below:
|Category||Application Fee||Late Application Fee|
|General Candidates||INR 1,500||INR 2,000|
|Women/ SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 750||INR 1,250|
|For Off-Shore Examination Center (All Candidates)|
|Addis Ababa/ Colombo/ Dhaka/ Kathmandu||US$ 50||US$ 70|
|Dubai/ Singapore||US$ 100||US$ 120|
Note: 1. GATE Application Fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
2. Candidates claiming concession under SC/ ST/ PwD categories are required to upload supporting document as evidence along with application form.
Documents and Information Required in GATE 2020 Application Form
- An active Email ID and mobile number for registration.
- Personal information (name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail ID, parents name, etc.). The applicant’s name on the application form should match with that printed on the qualifying degree certificate as issued by the awarding body.
- Complete address for communication.
- Qualifying examination details
- Chosen GATE subject
- Choice of GATE Examination Cities
- Details of the valid identity proof document (Passport/ PAN card/ Voter ID/ Aadhaar-UID/ College ID/ Driving License)
- Net-banking or debit/ credit card details for fee payment
- Scanned copies of documents for uploading with specified description:
|Applicant’s recent, colour, passport-size photograph||
Dimensions: 3.5 X 4.5 cm
Jpeg File size: 2 KB – 200 KB
Dimensions: 2 X 7 cm
Jpeg File Size: 2 KB – 150 KB
|Eligibility certificate (Degree certificate/provisional certificate)||Pdf File Size: 10 KB – 500 KB|
|Category Certificate (if applicable)||Pdf File Size: 10 KB – 300 KB|
|Disability Certificate (if applicable)|
|Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable)|
Check GATE Photo Size, Dimensions, Format and Other Details
GATE 2020 Application Form Correction
GATE Applicants should meticulously check the form prior to making the application fee payment. Once the fee payment is done and the form is submitted, only certain sections in the GATE Application Form will be allowed to be edited. An Application Form Correction Window is opened by the conducting authority for a few days. Candidates can edit the incorrect details in that specified period in lieu of an additional fee.
However, the following information cannot be changed once the GATE Application Form is submitted:
- The registered e-Mail ID and Phone Number
- Selected Paper for the GATE 2020.
GATE 2020 Application Form FAQs
Question: I have been notified by the GATE authority to rectify certain mistakes in my Application form. But I am unable to do so within the stipulated time. Will my application be rejected?
Answer: Yes, failing to rectify the application form as specified may lead to the cancellation of the application and the authorities will not entertain any communication in this context.
Question: I do not possess any of the specified ID proof documents. Will I be able to apply for GATE 2020?
Answer: Candidates are advised to obtain at least one of the specified ID proof prior to starting the application process for GATE 2020.
Question: I was in the process of paying the application fee but due to internet connectivity I am not sure whether the fee has been remitted or not. What do I do now?
Answer: Please log in back to the GOAPS to check your fee payment status.
Question: Of the examination center choices, can I choose all three from the same zone?
Answer: No, Candidates are required to choose 2 exam cities from the same zone and one from another zone.
Question: I applied for the same paper in GATE twice. Will I get a refund of my application fee for the replicate application?
Answer: A candidate who has submitted more than one application for one single paper, will be allowed to appear in one singular session only. The replicate application will be rejected without any refund of the application fee.