UGC NET 2019 Admit Card, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus and Results UGC NET is conducted to select candidates for the position of Junior Research Fello
UGC NET 2019 Admit Card, Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus and Results
UGC NET is conducted to select candidates for the position of Junior Research Fellowship and Assistant Professor. National Testing Agency has scheduled UGC NET 2019 (June session) from June 20, 2019 to June 28, 2019. Candidates can download Admit Card from May 15, 2019 onwards from the official website.
- The June session exam will be conducted in CBT mode.
- The exam will be conducted for over 81 subjects and the selected candidates are placed across the country in over 874 Universities.
- For the upcoming session, NTA has revised the syllabus for Paper I on General Awareness.
Unlike earlier, there will be no break between Paper I and Paper II during the examination. The exam will be conducted in a single three-hour session. Highlights of the same are tabulated below:
|Paper||Marks | No. of Ques.||Duration/ Shift – 1||Duration/ Shift – 2|
|I||100 | 50||1 hour
(9.30 am to 10.30 am)
(2.30 pm to 3.30 pm)
|II||200 | 100||2 hours
(10.30 am to 12.30 pm)
(3.30 pm to 5.30 pm)
Note: There is no negative marking in the exam. Each question carries 2 marks.
UGC NET 2019 Highlights
|Exam Type||National Eligibility Test|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer-based)|
|Medium||English or Hindi|
|Duration||3 hours (Paper 1: 1 hour, Paper 2: 2 hours)|
|Type | Number of Questions||MCQs | 150 questions|
|UGC NET Helpdesk||8076535482, 7703859909 | firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com|
UGC NET 2019 Exam Updates
This year, NTA has introduced few changes in the Exam Pattern and Eligibility Criteria. Besides, UGC NET will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) under HRD, Govt. of India instead of CBSE.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern Updates
- No break in between the examination.
- UGC NET 2019 will comprise only two papers- Paper 1 and Paper 2. Earlier, the exam included three papers.
- Total Number of Questions- 150 (Paper 1- 50, Paper 2- 100)
- It is mandatory to attempt all the questions from both the papers.
- Paper 2 will cover syllabi of both Paper 2 and Paper 3 as per the previous pattern of UGC NET.
Eligibility Criteria for JRF Aspirants
The maximum age of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) was 28. Now, the age has been increased to 30 years for General category and 35 years for Reserved category.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates
The official schedule of the examination for June 2019 session is available at ntanet.nic.in. Tabulated below is the same:
|Event||June Session (Ongoing)|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Notification||February 4, 2019|
|Availability of Online Application Form||March 1 – 30, 2019|
|Availability of UGC NET Admit Card||May 15, 2019|
|UGC NET 2019 Exam Date||June 20 – 28, 2019|
|Availability of Answer Key & OMR Sheet||July 2019|
|Result Declaration||July 15, 2019|
UGC NET 2019 Eligibility
In order to apply for UGC NET 2019, candidates have to fulfill certain eligibility conditions. The eligibility is based on the academic qualification and age limit.
- Candidates must have scored at least 55% in their PG or an equivalent from any recognised university.
- UGC NET offers an exemption to candidates belonging to (OBC/ ST/SC) categories to at least 50%.
- NTA permits students in the final year of the course to apply for the exam. However, candidates will be disqualified if they fail to secure the marks as indicated by the Board.
- The board offers an additional 5% relaxation to candidates who have completed their Doctorate degree before September 19, 1991.
- Candidates are suggested to select courses of their specialty.
- Candidates applying for Junior Research Fellowship should not be more than 30 years as on January 1, 2019.
- There is no upper age limit for candidates for Assistant Professor’s post.
- NTA provides relaxations to candidates belonging to reserved categories.
- OBC-NCL/ SC/ ST/ PWD/Transgenders/ Women applicants – 5 years relaxation
- Candidates with research experience in the selected field from a recognised university – 5 years
- Candidates with LLM Degree – 3 years
- Candidates with the given qualification/ degree shall be exempted from attending NET and can directly apply to any college
- Candidates who have passed in UGC / CSIR JRF before 1989
- Candidates who have passed States Eligibility Test(SET) before June 1, 2002
UGC NET 2019 Application Form
The Application Form would be filled in the online mode only. Candidates must apply through ntanet.nic.in OR nta.ac.in :
- Visit the official website link of UGC NET.
- Click on the link for “Apply for NET June 2019”.
- Go through the “New Candidate Registration” section.
- Click on the “Apply for June 2019” option.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on “Proceed to Apply Online”.
- The authentication form will be opened on the screen.
- Enter details like Nationality, State/UT which you belongs, Select Identification Type, Identification Number, Candidate’s Name, DOB, Gender, etc.
- After filling the details, click on the “Submit” button.
- Once the authentication process is done, candidates can proceed to fill the application.
- Candidates have to fill all the required details in the application form.
- After submitting the details, an Application Number will be generated.
- Upload the scanned images of the latest photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- Now, pay the application fee through online or offline method.
- After completing the fee payment, candidates have to take the printout of the confirmation page and keep it safe for future use.
The application fee determined by NTA varies according to the category of the candidate. Candidates can pay the fees in both online and offline mode:
- Candidates can make the payment through Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking.
- They have to enter the sixteen-digit number on the top of the card, name and CVV.
- The bank will send an OTP for verification purpose.
- If accepted, additional charges will be applicable (if any).
- Candidates will have to download the challan from the website
- Fill in the application form, name and the exam applied details
- The challan can be paid in Syndicate/Canara/ICICI bank of India
- Candidates will have to enter the challan number for completion of registration process.
Steps to Fill UGC NET 2019 Application Form
Applicants are advised to make the payments well in advance to avoid any unforeseen circumstances and events. The examination fees for various categories will be as follows:
|Other Backward Class (non – creamy layer)||INR 400|
|SC / ST / PwD||INR 200|
UGC NET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for UGC NET will be issued from May 15, 2019 onwards. Candidates can access the admit card on the official website- ntanet.nic.in. They must note that no admit card will be sent individually by post. The details printed on UGC NET 2019 Admit card include Name, Category, Address of the Examination Center, Photograph and Signature, Date & Timing of the examination, etc.
Candidates can download their admit cards from the website by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the link “Click Here for Login for Admit Card”.
- Login with “Application Number” & “Password”.
- The Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Download it and keep a printout for further reference.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Centers
The exam will be conducted in 263 cities this year, candidates must fill in their preferences carefully while filling UGC NET 2019 Application Form.
Time Schedule for UGC NET (June 2019 session)
|Examination Events||From June 20 – 28, 2019|
|Timing of Exam||9.30 am – 12.30 pm|
|Duration of Exam||Paper I + Paper II: 3 hours|
|Entry in the Exam Center||7.30 am – 8.30 am|
|Entry in the Exam Hall||8.45 am – 9.00 am|
|Checking of Admit Cards by Invigilator||9.00 am – 9.15 am|
|Sitting on seat in the Exam Hall||9.15 am|
|Instructions by the Invigilators||9.15 am – 9.25 am|
|Commencement of NET Exam||9.30 am|
|To attempt Paper I + Paper II (Ques. 1 to 150)||–|
|Test Concludes||1.30 pm|
UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
The test comprises two papers. Both the papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be conducted on the same day:
Number of Questions in each paper:
- Paper-1: 100 Marks (50 out of which 50 questions all are compulsory)
- Paper-2: 200 Marks (100 questions all are compulsory)
Type of Questions:
- Paper 1: Questions asked are of general nature which are intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. They will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper 2: Questions will be based on the subject selected by the candidate. All the questions will be compulsory, covering entire syllabi of earlier Paper II & Paper-III (including all electives, without options).
UGC NET 2019 Syllabus (Updated)
The syllabus of the National Eligibility Test (NET) is different for each subject. It is suggested to prepare from the syllabus of their qualifying examination. Candidates must prepare as per the syllabus prescribed by the NTA.
Latest: The Commission has updated the syllabus of all NET subjects (including Paper I on General Awareness). The updated syllabus (June session) is available on the website: https://www.ugcnetonline.in/syllabus-new.php. Check Official Notification
Paper 1 will cover the following areas:
- Teaching Aptitude
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Reasoning (including Mathematical)
- Logical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
- People and Environment
- Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration
Paper 2 will have syllabus from specific subjects as chosen by the candidate for UGC NET 2019. Check Detailed UGC NET Syllabus
Recommended Books for UGC NET 2019
The candidates must refer to various authors/publications for best practice material. Some of the recommended books for the purpose of examination are:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Trueman’s UGC NET/ SLET General Paper I||Danika Publishing Company|
|UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET General Paper||Arihant Publisher|
|UGC NET /JRF /SLET Teaching & Research Aptitude||Upkar Publishers|
|UGC NET/SET Paper 1||Mc Graw Hill Education|
|CBSE UGC NET: Teaching and Research Aptitude- JRF & Assistant Professor Exam Guide (Paper 1)||Ramesh Publishing House|
|Trueman’s UGC NET Paper 1 (Hindi)||Trueman Publishers|
|UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1- Shikshan Avum Shodh Abhiyogita||Arihant Publishers|
|UGC NET Teaching and Research Aptitude: Previous Paper & Test Papers||RPH|
|13 Years Solved Papers UGC NET/SET Teaching & Research Aptitude General (Paper 1)||GK Publishing|
UGC NET 2019 Answer Key
Soon after the exam concludes, candidates can look for the answer keys on the official website of UGC NET. The pdf file will indicate all the right answers to the questions asked in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the exam.
Note that the number of questions to be attempted compulsorily is 150. The steps to download answer keys are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UGC NET i.e. ntanet.nic.in
- On the website homepage, search for the important links section
- Under the section, select the particular year.
- Students will be redirected to another page
- Click on the desired answer key link
UGC NET Results 2019
The results for UGC NET 2019 will be declared soon after the exam is conducted. Candidates will have the option to lodge their grievances after the answer keys are released. Note that no grievances are entertained after the final result declaration.
How to Check UGC NET Result 2019?
- Go to the official website of NTA NET.
- Click on that link and you will be redirected to the home page of the website.
- Click on UGC NET 2019 Result on the menu bar.
- Enter your roll number and date of birth and click on the submit button.
- Your result will appear in the pdf format.
- Download it and take a printout of the result for further process.
Opportunities after UGC NET 2019
The selection of eligible candidates is based on certain layouts as decided by UGC. The candidates have the following opportunities on clearing UGC NET 2019:
- Those who qualify for the award of Junior Research Fellowship are eligible to pursue research in the subject of their post-graduation or in a related subject.
- The universities, institutions, IITs and other national organizations may select the JRF awardees for whole time research work.
- For Assistant Professor, the number of candidates to be qualified (total slots) will be equal to 6% of the candidates appeared in both the papers of NET.
Note: For both JRF and Assistant Professor and for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only, the candidate must have appeared in both the papers and secured at least 40% aggregate marks in both the papers taken together.
UGC NET Cut off
University Grant Commission has defined a set of scores which the candidate has to score in order to qualify. Candidate has to score the minimum cut off in all the papers. The cut off is determined based on each category. The percentage for each paper for different categories in 2018 was as follows:
|Category||Paper I||Paper II|
|General||40 %||40 %|
|OBC / PwD / SC / ST||35 %||35 %|