GATE 2019 Result (Declared), Cut off, Score Card, Answer Keys and Responses IIT Madras has released GATE 2019 result on the official website. Candida
GATE 2019 Result (Declared), Cut off, Score Card, Answer Keys and Responses
IIT Madras has released GATE 2019 result on the official website. Candidates can check at iitm.ac.in. Enter the issued Enrollment ID / Email Address and GOAPS Password mentioned on GATE Admit Card to view result.
- GATE Score Card will be available from March 20 till May 31, 2019 online.
- Shashank Mangal has topped GATE exam with 989 marks out of 1000.
- GATE Score is valid for 3 years and is accepted by various PSUs.
The GATE marks and GATE scores will be released separately. Marks in GATE 2019 will be calculated out of 100, while GATE Scores will be derived out of 1000 after normalization. More than 10 PSUs has released the recruitment notification for GATE qualifiers.
GATE 2019 Paper Analysis
February 9 and 10 Paper Highlights
This session was conducted for three major disciplines (EC/ EE and CE) in CBT mode. As per the students,
- CE Session: The difficulty level of the technical section was moderate while the general aptitude section was easy. On the technical side, a few questions were tricky and time-consuming.
- EE Session: The overall difficulty level of the exam was easy. The exam was simpler than the previous year’s exam. Approximately 1.2 lakh students appeared for GATE EE.
- ECE Session: The overall level of EC was moderate to difficult. EDC and Communication were the maximum marks carrying subjects. The paper had 25 NAT Questions which tested candidate’s preparation.
February 2 and 3 Paper Highlights
- ME Session 1: The difficulty level was easy to moderate. The paper had 26 NAT questions – 10 questions of 1 mark and 16 questions of 2 marks each.
- ME Session 2: The difficulty level of the exam was moderate to difficult. It had 32 NAT questions i.e. 6 questions more than the morning session.
- CS paper was conducted on February 3. More than 1.3 lac candidates appeared for the exam. As per the candidates, the difficulty level of the exam was easy to moderate and it had 24 NAT questions in total.
|Exam Name||GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)|
|No. of Papers & Questions||24 | 65|
|Total Marks & Maximum Score||100 | 1000|
|No. of Test Takers||Over 9 lac|
|Use of GATE Score Card for Employment||PSUs, Central Government and Government of India Organization|
What is GATE Exam?
- GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is conducted for admission to M.Tech/ Ph.D. and other Government Scholarships/Assistantships in the field of engineering and technology.
- The exam is conducted annually by IISc Bangalore and 7 IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Madras, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Guwahati and Roorkee) on a rotational basis.
- GATE is an online test, conducted for 24 disciplines (papers) of engineering. Mostly questions are fundamental, concept based and thought-provoking.
- Please don’t have a misconception that GATE is only meant for ME/MTech which leads to the teaching career only.
- There are many other advantages of taking GATE such as employment in PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings), direct recruitment to Group A level posts in Central Government and some other Government of India Organizations.
- GATE qualifiers can use their GATE Scorecard for admission to Master’s Program and direct Doctoral Programs in Engg./Tech./Architecture.
- The GATE Scorecard is also used to avail financial assistance (scholarship) for the post-graduate program.
- The exam will also be held for international candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E).
GATE 2019 Exam Dates
The official notification on GATE 2019 became live for a while at gate.iitm.ac.in. The dates related to GATE 2019 events are mentioned in the following table:
Event Date Availability of GATE Application Form September 1 – September 21October 1, 2018 GATE 2019 Admit Cards will be available from January 4, 2019 GATE 2019 Exam Dates February 2, 3, 9 and 10, 2019 GATE Answer Key 2019 (official) March 14, 2019 GATE 2019 results declared on March 16, 2019 Downloading of GATE 2019 scorecards will begin from March 20 – May 31, 2019 Release of GATE Counselling Schedule March 26, 2019 onwards
GATE 2019 Exam Schedule
Candidates can take GATE according to their Paper Code only. As there is a huge number of aspirants, thus GATE is held in multiple sessions. The table below depicts the tentative GATE 2019 schedule for all the papers:
DATE SESSION TIME (IST) TEST PAPER CODES February 02, 2019 1 9:30 – 12:30 hrs CY, ME 1, MN 2 14:30 – 17:30 hrs ME 2, XE, XL, TF February 03, 2019 3 9:30 – 12:30 hrs CS, CH 4 14:30 – 17:30 hrs AE, AG, AR, BT, EY, GG, IN, MA, MT, PE, PH, PI, ST February 09, 2019 5 9:30 – 12:30 hrs EC 6 14:30 – 17:30 hrs EE February 10, 2019 7 9:30 – 12:30 hrs CE 1 8 14:30 – 17:30 hrs CE 2
GATE Eligibility Criteria
It is advised to all the GATE aspirants to check their eligibility before making the registration. They can apply for only 1 paper in GATE. The minimum academic qualification to apply for GATE 2019 is indicated below for all the applicants:
- Bachelor’s degree (4 years after 10+2, or 3 years after Diploma) in the related engineering and science stream
- Master’s Degree in any branch of Mathematics/Science/Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent degree.
- International applicants possessing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in the related engineering or science stream.
- Students in final year of Bachelor’s/Master’s degree.
- There is no stipulated age limit criterion defined for GATE applicants.
NOTE: Candidates with a backlog in their qualifying exam have to submit a copy of the final year mark sheets or a declaration from their Principal along with the seal and signature. Check out the documents required in support of GATE eligibility and qualifying disciplines in GATE.
How to apply for GATE 2019
GATE Registration Date: Sept 01, 2018 – Oct. 1, 2018
GATE Application Form will be available at http://gate.iitm.ac.in/ from September 01, 2018. It can be filled online through GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System). A candidate has to follow 3 steps primarily to register online for GATE 2019.
- Register and create a candidate’s login on the website of GOAPS. Provide your email-ID, phone number and create a password to register.
- Then, fill GATE Application Form and upload the scanned images of Photograph and Signature in JPEG format.
- The next step before final submission of GATE Online Application Form is fee payment.
The application fee for female, SC/ST candidates is INR 750 while it is INR 1500 for other candidates. The application fee can be paid in either online or offline mode.
- Some key points about GATE Registration 2019:
- The application fee for GATE 2019 is INR 1500 for general category while for reserved category and female candidates, it is INR 750.
- Application Fee for centers outside India (Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu) is US$ 50. For Dubai and Singapore as exam centers, the fee is US$ 100.
- Check the list of zone wise GATE Exam Centers- 3 choices of centers have to be filled during GATE Registration.
- Don’t forget to check the actual size of photograph and signature required for GATE Registration.
How to fill GATE Online Application Form?
The steps to be followed to fill the GATE 2019 Online Application form are explained below:
Registration- Visit the official website of GOAPS. Enter your personal details, a valid e-mail ID and mobile number. Create a password which will be used to login later.
Filling GATE 2019 Application Form- Enter your personal and educational details in the application form for GATE. Preview the form to verify the information entered and modify the incorrect immediately to avoid discrepancies later. Note that the applications cannot be modified post final submission
- Fee payment- After saving application form candidate can make the payment by net banking, debit card and credit card. After paying GATE application fees, a fee payment number is generated which candidate can note for the later stages of the GATE Selection process.
GATE Application Form Correction
From the year 2019, the exam conducting authority has introduced a change that once the application form is submitted, it cannot be changed/rectified.
- Therefore, candidates must ensure that all the details and supporting documents are correct and uploaded.
- If everything is found correct then GATE Application Form will be accepted else the defects will be notified to the candidate.
- This correction needs to be carried out within a stipulated time.
- Candidates should be quick in fixing the errors in the form before the deadline.
- Those who fail to fix, their application form will be rejected and no communication will be made in this regard.
GATE Application Form Status
Candidates can check their form status i.e. whether the authority has received the form or not. It also tells if the application form submitted by candidate needs any correction or not. Visit GOAPS to check the status of the GATE Online Application. The status will be displayed from one of the below mentioned categories:
- Under Scrutiny
- Defect Status
- Status after Rectification
- Rejected with Valid Reason
GATE 2019 Admit Card (Released)
Availability of GATE 2019 Admit Card: January 4, 2019
To download GATE 2019 Admit Card, visit http://gate.iitm.ac.in/. One must print multiple copies of admit card for GATE 2019 to avoid discrepancies on the exam day.
- Admit Card carries candidate’s name, location of the exam center, photograph, and signature of candidate.
- It is mandatory to verify the given information before downloading GATE Admit card
- In case of any discrepancy, immediately report the conducting authority i.e. IIT Madras.
Download GATE Admit Card by following the steps given below:
- Candidates have to visit the http://gate.iitm.ac.in/
- Click on the GATE 2019 Admit Card Link
- Enter the Registration Number and Password
- Candidate’s admit card will display on screen
- Take the Printout of GATE Admit Card
GATE Paper Pattern
Exam Date: February 2 – 3 and February 09 – 10, 2019
Every eligible candidate can apply for one stream of all the 24 papers for which GATE 2019 is conducted. The exam pattern for GATE might seem a little confusing at first as it varies for different disciplines. Highlights of the exam are given below:
Mode of Examination Online/ Computer-based Test Total no. of questions 65 Maximum Marks 100 Duration of Exam 3 hours Sections in paper Two, i.e. General Aptitude and Subject Specific
- There will be two types of questions Objective type and Numerical Type (NAT). In NAT question, there will be no choices. The answer is to be entered manually with the help of Virtual Calculator.
- XE paper will have a new section on Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences. With this, there will be eight sections (A-H) in XE paper.
Marking Scheme for GATE 2019
- Candidates are marked separately for MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type).
- For every correct answer in MCQ, candidates are awarded 1 mark or 2 marks depending on the weightage of the question.
- For every incorrect MCQ, candidate loses 1/3 or 2/3 marks for 1 mark or 2 markers respectively.
- For Numerical Answer Type, every correct answer is awarded 1 mark or 2 marks as per the marks allotted to the question. There is no negative marking for such questions.
The syllabus is released on the official website for all the papers. Candidates should check out the detailed syllabus for the related discipline to identify and focus on the important topics to be asked in the exam. They can click on the links provided below in the table to check GATE 2019 Syllabus for the relevant discipline.
Paper Codes Paper Codes Aerospace Engineering (AE) Mechanical Engineering (ME) Agricultural Engineering (AG) Metallurgical Engineering (MT) Architecture and Planning (AR) Geology and Geophysics (GG) Civil Engineering (CE) Mining Engineering (MN) Chemical Engineering (CH) Petroleum Engineering (PE) Computer Science and Information Technology (CS) Production and Industrial Engineering (PI) Chemistry (CY) Evolution and Ecology (EY) Electronics and Communication (EC) Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF) Electrical Engineering (EE) Engineering Sciences (XE) Instrumentation Engineering –
GATE 2019 Answer Key
Final Official Answer Keys To Be Released on March 14, 2019
IIT Madras releases the official answer keys for GATE 2019 (all papers) at its official website.
- There will be a separate question paper and answer key sets for all the separate sessions.
- The answer keys can be viewed by logging in using Registration details.
- Candidates can also challenge any answer in case the correct response is not mentioned on the key.
- Candidate can challenge the answer key by paying a nominal fee.
GATE 2019 Result
GATE Result Declaration: March 16, 2019
Candidates can check the result by using their GATE 2019 login credentials (Registration No or Email ID). Those who qualify GATE 2019 can download the scorecard from the official website of GATE March 20 onwards.
GATE Score Card
Availability of GATE Scorecard: March 20 – May 30, 2019
Candidates qualifying GATE cut off announced by IIT Madras will be eligible to download their GATE scorecard. The validity of the scorecard is for 3 years. Before 2014, the scorecard was valid up to 2 years, the change in increase of the validity up to 3 years was made by IIT Kharagpur in 2014. Candidates can download the scorecard from the official website.
GATE 2019 Counselling
CCMT Counseling Registration will begin from April 3, 2019
GATE Exam Counselling is done separately by various IITs, NITs and other institutes. Candidates after having qualified in GATE have to appear for GD/ PI for admission. For admissions, candidates have to check notification by GATE participating institutes.
- For admission in NITs, IIITs and in some government-funded colleges, a centralized counselling– CCMT (Centralized Counseling for M.Tech/M.Plan) will be conducted.
- The name of the organising institute will be available soon after the result. Read More
- IITs and IISc will conduct their separate counselling process.
- Most of the other participating universities and state wise institutions will conduct their own counselling process.
All the IITs conduct their own counselling process for the admission in M.Tech programs.
Check Here GATE Counselling
Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP)
For taking admission in IITs, COAP provides a common platform for candidates to make the most preferred choice for admission in M.Tech programs. All the participating IITs will upload admission offers in a common time window. So that they will be able to access all the admission offers made by participating IITs.
The following information is asked while registering at COAP-
- GATE Registration Number
- GATE Scores
- Date of Birth
- Email ID
- Phone Number
Check more information on M.Tech admissions through COAP: Click Here
PSU through GATE
Candidates applying for GATE 2019 will have two options based on GATE score – either to continue with the studies with a Master’s degree or apply for a job with Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) jobs through GATE 2019.
- All the top PSUs hire graduate engineers based on GATE for various job profiles.
- Candidates have to register separately for all the PSUs and GATE.
- All the PSUs will release their own cutoff based on GATE score.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for the selection rounds conducted separately by all PSUs.
Check Here List of PSU Recruiting Through GATE
GATE 2019 Cut off (Released)
GATE cut off is the minimum score which must be scored by candidate in order to reserve a seat. The cut off varies for different institutes, streams and the category of candidate. The expected GATE cut-offs (streamwise) for the year 2019 is provided below (on the basis of previous year cut offs)-
Subject General OBC SC/ST ME 34.1 30.7 22.7 CS 29 26 19 EE 39.6 35.6 26.4 CE 28.2 25.4 18.8 XL 36.7 33.0 24.5 PE 40 35 27 EC 25 22.5 16.6
Benefits of GATE 2019 Scorecard
GATE Scorecard validates that candidate appeared and qualified GATE. The benefits of GATE Scorecard are enlisted below:
Enrollment in Masters and PhD Programs
- A decent GATE Score can fulfil any aspiring engineer’s dream of studying from an IIT or NIT.
- GATE enables candidates to seek admissions in M.Tech. /M.E. / M.S. in their respective discipline in IITs or NITs or institutes in Germany and Singapore depending on the GATE Cutoff released by them.
- Institutes such as IIT, Bombay offer admissions to Ph.D., PGDM, and PGDIE programs right after graduation on the basis of GATE Score.
- Some IIMs reserve seats for admissions to doctoral programs through GATE.
- MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development) provides scholarships to candidates on the basis of the GATE Score.
- Candidates who opt for PG courses through GATE 2019 are given scholarships by MHRD.
- CSIR laboratories offer Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) to GATE Qualifiers.
- BARC, well-known Institute offers a stipend to GATE Qualifiers.
- Various known PSUs (Public Sector Undertaking) recruit eligible and qualified candidates for different posts.
- Candidates are offered high compensation packages and other benefits (medical benefits and other aids).
- CEL, MDL, GAIL, BHEL, Cabinet Secretariat etc. have recently released notifications for PSU Recruitment through GATE.
- Candidates have to apply separately for the posts offered by various institutes.
- The application forms for different PSUs are released on different dates and candidates have to submit the application form within the stipulated time to be recruited by the PSU.