NIFT Approval 2020 - The National Institute for Fashion Technology (NIFT) has postponed the date of the situation test / group discussion / interview
NIFT Approval 2020 – The National Institute for Fashion Technology (NIFT) has postponed the date of the situation test / group discussion / interview due to COVID-19. The revised data will be announced later on the official website. NIFT has published the result of the written test NIFT 2020. It can be downloaded from the nift.ac.in website. The university level exam is conducted each year to select candidates for admission to the BDes, BDes, B.FTech, M.FTech and Master of Fashion Management (MFM) courses. Further information on the approval of NIFT 2020 can be found on this page.
Latest: NIFT has postponed the Situation test / group discussion / interview date. Revised dates will be announced later.
The candidates can check the important dates for NIFT admission 2020 from the table below.
|NIFT Admission 2020||Important Dates|
|NIFT 2020 Registration starts from||23 Oct 2019|
|Last date to submit NIFT 2020 Application Form||31 Dec 2019|
|NIFT 2020 application form correction window opens on||01 Jan 2020|
|Last date to edit details in NIFT Application Form||04 Jan 2020|
|NIFT 2020 Admit Card releases in||10 Jan 2020|
|NIFT 2020 exam date||19 Jan 2020|
|NIFT 2020 answer key releases on||22 Jan 2020|
|Last date to submit objection in answer key||24 Jan 2020|
|Declaration of NIFT Result 2020||13 Mar 2020|
|Obsevation/ objection by candidate in NIFT entrance exam||22-24 Jan 2020|
|Last date for online registration by Foreign Nationals||30 Apr 2020|
|Situation test / group discussion / interview|
|Declaration of Final Result||End of May/ Jun 2020|
|Counselling starts from||End of May/ Jun 2020|
NIFT 2020 Seat Intake
The National Institute of Fashion Technology has divided its total number of seats in its 16 institutes and into another category of candidates. Applicants can see the number of places available for the 10 courses it offers below. Applicants can see the seat details for the 2020-2021 academic session below.
|Name of the campus||Total number of seats|
NIFT 2020 Reservation Policy
|Category||Reseravtion of Seat|
|Supernumerary for State Domicile.||20%|
|Supernumerary for Foreign Nationals/ SAARC/NRI.||15%|
NIFT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for NIFT 2020 entrance exam, candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria. Below, you can check the eligibility for UG and PG programe offered at the NIFT campuses from below.
Eligibility for Bachelor Programmes – B.Des and BFTech
Age Limit: The age of the candidate should not exceed 23 years of age as on 1st october, 2019. Upper age limit is relaxed by a period of 5 years for SC / ST / PWD category candidates.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination and a pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects OR
- 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system.
- Candidate must have passed 12th standard from the recognized central / state board of secondary examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics and\
- 3 or 4-years diploma in any branch of Engineering recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education OR
- Pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination with a minimum of five subjects with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- Any Public School / Board / University Examination in India or in foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics OR
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Examination at the advanced level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / International Baccalaureate (IB).
Eligibility for Master Programmes – M.Des/ MFTech/ MFM
Age Limit: There is no age limit for the candidates to apply for the Master’s programme
Educational Qualification for MDes/ MFM
Bachelor’s degree from any Institute / University recognised by law in India OR candidate should posses an undergraduate diploma of at least 3 years duration from NIFT / NID.
Educational Qualification for MFtech
Candidate should have completed B.F.Tech from NIFT or B.E / B.Tech from any Institute / University recognised by law in India.
Note: Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIFT.