IIT Kharagpur has released the information brochure that GATE 2022 exam will going to be held from February 5,6,12, and 13, 2022. Each day two sess
IIT Kharagpur has released the information brochure that GATE 2022 exam will going to be held from February 5,6,12, and 13, 2022. Each day two sessions will be going to held, and it will be fully computer based test (CBT). Two new papers ie: “Geomatics Engineering (GE)” and “Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering (NM)” have been added in GATE 2022. Separate scores and ranking will be provided to the candidates appearing for Geology and Geophysics (GG) papers and it will be going to be based on their selection of sections.
Now in GATE 2022 there will be 29 subjects in total. Candidates can access the brochure from GATE official website – gate.iitkgp.ac.in. The application procedure for the GATE will start from 30th August 2021 and the last date to apply for the exam is till September 24 (without late fees) and October 1 (with late fees).
GATE 2022 exam will be going to be held in two session each day. The forenoon session will be conducted from 9am to 12pm and afternoon session will be conducted from 2:30pm to 5:30pm. The candidates who are applying for one or two paper have to fill one gate application form 2022.
Upcoming Events GATE 2022: –
- GATE 2022 notification is likely to be released in July. It will contain exam date, eligibility, papers, changes, application date, official website and exam centers.
- GATE 2022 exam date– Will be announced soon. Most likely dates are 4, 5, 11, 12 February 2022.
- Official website of GATE exam 2022– It will be announced in July. It is expected to be gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- GATE 2022 application date– Expected in September.
- GATE syllabus 2022– No change is expected in syllabus this time. Check paper wise syllabus here.
To know more about it, have a look on the table below: –
|Name of the exam||GATE 2022|
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organizing Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a year|
|Minimum Eligibility||3-year Graduation Degree in relevant discipline|
|Application Mode||Online Mode through GOAPS 2022|
|Application Fee||1500/- Rs (750/- for reserved and female candidates) Rs. 500/- additional for late application|
|Purpose of GATE 2022 exam||Admission in M.Tech. / Ph.D. in Engg., Tech., Sci., Arch. and PSU recruitment 2022 through GATE|
|Exam Mode||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|No. of questions||65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Syllabus||GA (General Aptitude) + Subject (Chosen)|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Validity of GATE Scorecard||3 years from the date of declaration of Result|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|No. of Subjects (Papers)||27 Subjects (Papers)|
LATEST NEWS :- GATE 2022 application form will be available from 30th August 2021. Stay tuned for more latest updates
GATE 2022 Exam Date: –
IIT Kharagpur has declared the exam date and the remaining schedule for the GATE exam 2022.
The important dates are as follows: –
|Release of GATE 2022 registration, application form||30th August 2021|
|Last date of regular period for online registration / application||24th September 2021|
|Last date of extended period for online registration / application||01 Oct 2021|
|End of intimation to registered candidates after first round of scrutiny by zonal office||to be announced|
|GATE 2022 correction / edit window for category / city / exam paper||to be announced|
|GATE 2022 correction / edit window for contact address, university / college name and/or degree nomenclature, name, date of birth||to be announced|
|Last and Final Chance for City Correction in Application Form||12 Nov 2021|
|GATE 2022 admit card release date||03 Jan 2022|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date and Time||4, 5, 11, 12 and 13 Feb 2022|
|Release of candidates response sheet||3rd week of Feb 2022|
|Issuance of official answer key||Last week of Feb 2022|
|Challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||1st week of Mar 2022|
|Declaration of GATE result 2022||17 Mar 2021|
|Scorecard is available on GOAPS Portal for eligible candidates||4th week of Marc to Last week of Jun 2022|
|GATE 2022 Scorecard is available (by paying 500) on GOAPS Portal for eligible candidates||1st week of July 2022 to Last week of Dec 2022|
|Scorecard will not be available after||1st week of Jan 2023|
GATE EXAM PAPERS: –
GATE 2022 papers and their codes based on 2021 exam are given below: –
GATE 2022 Registration: –
GATE 2022 registration will be starting from September and the application form will be released in an online mode.
GATE registration application process will include the, login, filling the application form, uploading the required images, payment of application fee and downloading the confirmation page.
- Candidates will have to register online at GOAPS (GATE Online Application Process System). To get themselves register they have to provide their name, email ID, mobile number and a chosen password. After that an enrolment ID will be provided to the candidates by an authority via email or SMS.
- The password chosen and the enrolled ID will be considered as the login credentials. The candidates are required to enter these credentials whenever they want to access their login in the prescribed fields of the login window.
- Applicants will have to fill the application form by providing the required details and are required to upload the scanned images of photograph, signature, category certificate and other required details or documents.
- After that the candidates have to pay the application fee. The fee can be paid through the electronic payment method via using the cards/net banking and wallets.
- At last, the candidates are required to download the confirmation page of the GATE 2022 application form.
The image shown below is the application structure of the last year. This year’s fee amount will be available once the brochure is released.
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to check their eligibility criteria before applying for the GATE 2022 exam. The detailed eligibility criteria have been given below:
- The Undergraduate Degree programme (government-approved) must be completed by candidates, in order to get eligible for the GATE exam.
- As well as, the candidates pursuing the 3rd or higher year of a government-approved graduation (Undergraduate Degree) programme are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who are graduated or pursued the UG degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts are also eligible to apply.
- There are no age criteria to apply for GATE.
Note – The table below is for GATE 2021 exam. Therefore add +1 to the year of completion to know the expected year of completion for GATE 2022.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for GATE exam 2022 will different for each paper.
|Number of papers||27 Papers (Candidates can choose one or two paper).|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of questions||65 questions in each paper.|
|Maximum marks||100 Marks|
|Mode||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Types of questions||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions) and NAT (Numerical Answer Type) questions.|
|Marks||All questions will carry either 1 or 2 marks for the correct answer|
|Marking Scheme||There is negative marking in only MCQs questions as for the 1-mark question, ⅓ mark will be deducted and for the 2-mark question, ⅔ mark will be deducted.|
GATE 2022 Admit Card
- The GATE 2022 admit card date will be released few days before the exam date.
- Candidates can download their admit cards at GOAPS.
- For login into the GOAPS, candidates have to login with their enrolment ID and password.
- Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates are required to take the printout of the issued admit card and carry that to the exam hall along with their original photo ID which was specified during the application form filling process.
GATE 2022 Result
The GATE 2022 result is expected to be announced in 3rd week of March.
- Once the evaluation of the final answer key is done, after than GATE 2022 result will be released. Candidates can see the result on GOAPS portal.
- Candidates have to login to the GOAPS portal with their enrolment ID and password in order to check their results.