IIT Guwahati has been released GATE 2018 Application Form on gate.iitg.ac.in. GATE application form was September 01, 2017. However, it has been issue
IIT Guwahati has been released GATE 2018 Application Form on gate.iitg.ac.in. GATE application form was September 01, 2017. However, it has been issued on August 31, 2017. The candidates can access the GOAPS 2018 from the link below. In order to submit the application form of the GATE 2018, the candidates will have to submit the application fee. The GATE Application Form 2018 and Fee can be submitted online. What is new in GATE 2018?
The candidates interested in appearing for GATE 2018, in the month of February 2018, may check the important deadlines.
GATE 2018 GOAPS
GATE Online Application Processing System is an online portal, in which the account of each candidate is established. The account of the candidates will be created while submitting the application form. The candidates will be able to access the GOAPS or GATE 2018 Login by submitting the Enrollment Id and Password.
From the GOAPS of GATE 2018, the candidates will be able to apply, upload documents, change details, download admit card, check result, and more. The candidates must keep the credentials to login GOAPS safely, even after the exam because it will be needed to download a copy of Gate 2018 Scorecard.
GATE 2018 Application Form Dates
GATE 2018 application form is only to be submitted by the eligible candidates. Hence, ensure the eligibility before applying. The candidates must also check all the important deadline as well. Once the last date to submit the form is over, the application request will not be accepted.
The important dates related to the application form of GATE 2018 are as below:
|Date of availability of GATE application form 2018|
|Last date to apply online||October 5, 2017|
|Provision to change exam city||November 17, 2017|
|GATE 2018 will be held on||February 3, 4, 10, 11, 2018|
To be Kept Ready Before Filling GATE Application Form 2018
The candidates should note that they need to keep the following ready before filling the application form of GATE 2018.
- Name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number
- Communication address with PIN code
- Qualifying degree information
- Address of college with PIN code
- Which GATE paper, out of 23, do you want to apply for?
- 3 Examination city preferences
- Passport size photograph and scan copy of it in good quality
- Signature scanned version
- Thumb impression scanned version
- Degree certificate, mark sheet scanned copies
- Caste certificate scanned copy
- ID proof which you will take to exam hall with GATE 2018 admit card.
OTP – OTP is sent at various stages during registration and after it. It will be sent via SMS and E-mail, at the registered e-mail id and phone number.
Specification for Images in GATE 2018 Application Form
It is very important to ensure that the images in the application form of GATE are in the prescribed specifications. Else, the form will be rejected. The specifications are as below:
Specifications for the Photograph:
- The photograph should be of good quality and must match the candidate’s appearance on the examination day.
- It should be of passport size, i.e. 3.4 cm width x 4.5 cm height) and should display more 50% frontal face of the candidate.
- It has to be uploaded in JPEG format only. The minimum size of the file should be 240×320 pixels while the maximum file size has to be between 480×640.
- Candidates must ensure that it is a coloured photograph, which must have been clicked after August 01, 2017.
- The background of the photograph must be white or of light colour and the main feature of the face must not be covered.
- It is clearly mentioned in the information brochure that the self-composed portraits will be rejected. Hence, it must have been click by a professional.
The sample of photographs below displays the type of photographs which will be accepted or rejected.
Specifications for the Signature:
- Make a rectangular box of 2cm x 7 cm on a white sheet.
- Write your signature inside the box with either dark black or blue pen.
- The image of the signature has to be inserted in JPEG format.
- Acceptable minimum size has to be 80×280 pixels.
- The maximum size of the image has to be 160×560 pixels.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
The application fee for GATE 2018 differs category wise. The amount of fee for the candidates opting a center in India and the Foreign nation is as mentioned in the table below.
|If Exam Center is in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500|
|If the Exam Center is Outside India|
|If the center is in Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu||US$ 50|
|If the center is in Dubai and Singapore||US$ 100|
Mode to Pay GATE 2018 Fee: The amount of application fee can only be submitted online. The candidates can either pay it via Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card.
Filling GATE 2018 Application Form: Next, the candidates will have to fill the Online Application Form of GATE 2018. In the application form, the candidates will be required to enter the following details:
GATE 2018 Exam Details –
- Choice of Examination Country
- Choice of Examination City 1
- Choice of Examination City 2
- Choice of Examination City 3
- Enrollment ID (Auto mention)
- Name of the Candidate (Auto mention)
- E-mail Address (Auto mention)
- Mobile Number (Auto mention)
- Date of Birth
- PwD Status
- Dyslexic Candidate (yes or no)
- Country of Permanent Residence
- State/Union Territory of Permanent Residence
- ID Proof
- ID Proof Number
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Country of Residence of Parent/Guardian
- Mobile number of Parent/Guardian
Correspondence Address –
Qualifying Degree Details –
Choose qualifying degree or the degree pursuing.
Choose the discipline closest to the ones given, if not in the list.
- You must upload duly signed certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute in the given format
- Country of College / University
- State/Union Territory
- If the country is other than India, the State/Union Territory will appear as “Other”.
- College/University NameAs you start typing the college name, you will see a list of colleges. Please select your college if it appears in the list. Otherwise, type the name completely without any special characters (Note: Length should not exceed 100 characters).
- PIN Code
Upload Documents –
- Upload Certificate from the HOD / Institute
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- PwD Certificate, if applicable
- Where did you first come to know about GATE 2018?
- Sign Deceleration
Fee Payment: Once all the details will be filled, the candidates will have to pay the application. The amount of fee and the mode are as mentioned above. After the payment of the fee, the candidates will get an auto generated receipt for the payment. It is advised that the candidates keep it safe.
Final Submit and Confirmation Page: Before the final submit, the candidates must cross-check all the mentioned details. If any detail is incorrect do correct it. Also, the candidates need not sent the confirmation to IIT Guwahati or any other body. However, it is advisable to download and save a copy of it.
GATE 2018 Application Form Status
After sometime, from submitting the GATE Application Form, the candidates will be able to check the status of their application. The status can be checked from the GOAPS. Through the status, the candidates will be informed if their form form has been submitted or not.
Apart from this, any defects in the GATE 2018 Application Form that can eradicated will also highlighted in the status. The announcement for the uploading of the status will be done through the SMS. If the status the of application is negative and candidates do not update it then the form will not be accepted.
GATE 2018 Application Form Correction
The IIT Guwahati will also provide the opportunity to make corrections in the application form. The provision will only be provided for a certain period of time. The candidates need to send an e-mail regarding the same. The title of the e-mail should be “Correction in Data (Enrollment Number)”. In the e-mail, the candidates will also have to attach the required documents and pay the correction fee amount. The amount of correction fee will be announced later on.
The candidates will not be allowed to change all the details. However, following changes can be done via it:
- Name – change in spelling
- Date of Birth – change in year
- Name of Parent/Guardian – change in spelling
- Category Status – General to OBC and OBC to General
- Are you a Graduate in above Degree – change yes to no or vice-versa
- Year of Passing the Qualifying Exam – change in year
Zones of GATE 2018
All the operation related to GATE will be jointly carried by the IITs and the IISc Bangalore. For the smooth operating of work, the responsibility for each region in India has been divided among the institute. The candidate must his/her Zonal IIT, as all the concern related to the GATE 2018 Application Form and the exam will be overseen by it only.
For more check the below links