The Indian Institute for Remote Sensing (IIRS) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) offers a free short-term online course on remote sens
The Indian Institute for Remote Sensing (IIRS) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) offers a free short-term online course on remote sensing and GIS technology.
The IIRE has been carrying out the training program sponsored by ISRO and the National Natural Resources Management System (NNRMS) since 1994. But since the classroom course had to be canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the El institute is organising this short online certificate course.
-GIS technologies and their application in various domains (Coastal & Ocean Sciences, Agriculture & Soils, Geosciences, Forest Resources & Ecosystem Analysis, Water Resources, Urban & Regional Studies, and Natural Hazards and Disaster Risk Management).
Eligibility & Requirements:
- The course is for government officials who wish to develop an understanding of the subject and utilise the knowledge in their field of interest.
- Faculty members of UGC/AICTE approved universities and their affiliated colleges.
- Scientists/Engineers/ Officers and scientific/technical staff working in the Central/ State Govt. organisations/ institutions.
- You are required to submit a proof of your employment at the time of online registration such as ID card issued by your employer or a letter certifying your employment.
- The online certificate will be awarded to all participants provided they receive the qualifying marks in an online examination and maintain minimum attendance criteria.
- Last date for application – 8 June 2020
- Course commencement – 13 June 2020
- Course end – 1 July 2020
Note: From Monday to Saturday, there will be two sessions of one hour each from 10 AM to 1 PM, followed by an interactive session.
Computer Hardware Needed
- Working Computer/Laptop (Windows OS)
- Good quality web camera
- Headphone with Microphone
- Dr Vandita Srivastava, Course Coordinator, at 0135-2524137
- Dr A. K. Mishra Course Director, at 0135-2524182.
For more details and to register, click here.