GATE is an Engineering Examination which tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. It is con
GATE is an Engineering Examination which tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science. It is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and Seven Institutes of Technology, like Roorkee, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, kharagpur and Bombay.
GATE Scores reflects the performance of candidates in Exams and scores are used for admissions in various Post Graduation Programs. GATE Scores are also considered in Indian Public sector undertakings for recruiting Graduate Engineers in entry Level positions. It is one of the competitive examination. GATE Examination Scores are also recognized by institute outside India, like Nanyang Technological Institute in Singapore.
GATE 2018 will also be held in following international cities- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Dubai and Singapore.
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IN POST GRADUATE PROGRAM:
To avail the financial system, the candidate must be get an admission in these Institutes, by a procedure that could be vary from Institute to Institute. Minimum requirements is the Qualification in GATE TO to apply for various fellowships awarded by many Government Organizations. The University Grants Commission and MHRD announced that the scholarship for GATE is increased by 55% from 8000/month to 12,400/month.
- Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Post B.sc/Post Diploma
- Master degree holders in any branch of Science/Technology, computer science/statistics or equivalent or those who in Final Year.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.
- There is no age Limit.
At present, GATE is conducted in the following 23 disciplines. A candidate can select any one of these.
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
|Chemical Engineering||CH||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Physics||PH|
|Chemistry||CY||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
There is a total of 14 paper sections that come under these two Papers. The paper sections under XE* and XL* are defined by some dedicated codes which are mentioned in the following table-
|* Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper Sections|
(A and any 2 of B to H)
|Code||** Life Sciences (XL) Paper Sections|
(P and any 2 of Q to U)
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
DURATION AND EXAMINATION TYPE.
The examination is of 3 hours and contains 65 Questions worth a maximum 100 marks. The examination in all the papers are in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The Questions consists of Multiple Choice Questions and numerical answer type Questions. Candidates are provided with scribble pads for rough work which and have to be returned after the examination.
Result and Test Score:
GATE results are usually declared about one month after the examinations. The results show the total marks scored by a candidate, the GATE score, the all-India rank (AIR) and the cut off marks for various categories in the candidate’s paper. The score is valid for 3 years from the date of announcement of the GATE results.
List of companies
Many companies have signed Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) with the GATE organizing committee, for using GATE score as a screening tool for recruiting engineers at entry level positions.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation
- Indian Oil Corporation
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation
- Power Grid Corporation of India
- Mazagon Dock
- Gujarat State Electricity Corporation
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
- Central Electronics
- Coal India
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Punjab State Power Corporation
- THDC Ltd.
- Odisha Power Generation Corporation
- Ircon International
- Bharat Broadband Network Limited
- Bank Note Paper Mill India Pvt. Ltd.
- National Highways Authority of India
- Airport Authority of India
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation
- Bihar State Power Holding Company Limited
For more check these links