LPUNEST 2019 Application Form (Extended), Exam Dates, Eligibility and Syllabus LPU NEST test is not only the admission test for the university but al
LPUNEST 2019 Application Form (Extended), Exam Dates, Eligibility and Syllabus
LPU NEST test is not only the admission test for the university but also the scholarship test. Based on the performance of the test students can also get scholarship upto Rs 5 lakhs. LPU NEST is conducted twice a year viz.
Latest: LPU NEST Test Application Process has been extended till April 25, 2019.
- LPU NEST Schedule II – April 5 to 30, 2019
- Applicants appearing for LPUNEST (B.Tech.) should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2019, in final examination of 10+2 from a recognised board. To take admission to LPU engineering program student should also acquire 60% and above in their +2 examinations with the subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology/Mathematics/Biotechnology.
LPU NEST is conducted in online mode only and university has created centres in more than 200 cities across India. The question pattern followed in the LPUNEST is 30 questions on Physics, Chemistry and Maths/Biology and 20 questions on English. There is no negative marking in this examination and each correct answer fetches 4 marks. The syllabus for this test is similar to that of the +2.
- Lovely Professional University (LPU) will commence the registration process tentatively in the first week of November 2018.
- Before filling the application form, the candidates will have to check the eligibility criteria of LPUNEST 2019.
- Only the registered candidates will be able to take part in the slot booking process and download the admit card.
- Based on the scores secured, candidates will be allotted seats through the exam.
- Allotment of seats will be done based on the scores secured, preferences made and availability of seats.
- The counselling process of LPUNEST 2019 will be conducted in online mode.
LPUNEST 2019 Highlights
Exam Name Lovely Professional University National Eligibility and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) Conducting Body Lovely Professional University Exam Level Undergraduate Exam Type University Official Website nest.lpu.in Mode of Application Online Mode of Exam Online Courses Offered Undergraduate Engineering/B.Tech courses
LPUNEST 2019 Exam Dates
Event Schedule-I Schedule-II Online Registration Starts on 1st week of October 2018 January 21, 2019 Slot Booking for Online Examination 1st week of December 2018 1st week of March 2019 Last date of submission of Application for LPUNEST (B.Tech.) January 20, 2019 April 25, 2019 (Extended) Dates of Entrance Examination Jan 21 to Feb 5, 2019 April 5 to 30, 2019 Display of Result February 10, 2019 May 4, 2019 Online counselling and Seat Allocation 4th May onwards
LPUNEST 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before they apply for LPUNEST 2019. The university sets minimum criteria for aspirants; if they fulfill the below-mentioned exam Eligibility Criteria, they can write the exam.
- Only Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have completed or will be appearing in 2019, in the final examination of 10 + 2 from CBSE or ICSE or State Board or any other Council, Institution, college etc.
- For admission in B.Tech, B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech – M.Tech and Integrated B.Tech – MBA, applicants should at least have 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English)
For B.Tech. Biotechnology, the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
For B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (CHE), B.Tech. (Petroleum), the subjects considered are Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, with 60% aggregate in 10+2 or equivalent.
Scholarship Categories: Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance on any of the following categories:
- Eligibility Qualification (for example 10+2 for Undergraduate Programmes and graduation for PG Programmes)
- LPU’s Entrance and Scholarship Test: LPUNEST
- Certain national level tests like JEE Mains, NEET, UCEED, CAT, MAT, GATE, GPAT etc.
Scholarship Brackets: For each category mentioned above, three brackets of Scholarship (Bracket 1, 2 and 3) are defined. Each bracket represents specific criteria (for example scores in qualifying exam) which an applicant has to reach for him/her to fall in that particular bracket. The criteria in each bracket decreases as it proceeds and so does the scholarships. So, the students meeting the requirement of Bracket- 1 gets the highest Scholarship and the those in Bracket – 2 or 3 gets relatively lesser scholarship.
Scholarship Phases: The amount of Scholarship also depends on the Phase in which the candidate takes Admission in the University. Admissions in LPU is done in different Phases, which are bifurcations of the Admission time period. Phase 1 starts as early as January 2019 and continues till the end of April 2019. The subsequent phases (Phase 2, 3, 4) are conducted only if the seats in the concerned Programme remain vacant. The amount of Scholarship reduces with each passing phase and no Scholarship is offered in Phase 4 (if conducted). The dates for Phase 2, 3 and 4 are as follows:
- Phase-2: May 1 to 31, 2019
- Phase-3: June 1 to 30, 2019
- Phase-4: July 1 to 31, 2019
Amount of Scholarship in different Phases and Brackets: The Scholarship amount/ percentage varies as per the following table:
– Bracket–1 Bracket–2 Bracket–3 Phase – 1 50% 40% 30% Phase – 2 40% 30% 20% Phase – 3 30% 20% 10%
Details of Scholarship Brackets: Scholarship brackets for various categories are detailed below:
- Bracket 1 – Students scoring more than 95% marksin eligibility qualification falls in Bracket -1 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 50% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 2 – Students scoring between 90% to 94.99% marksin eligibility qualification falls in Bracket-2 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 40% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
- Bracket 2 – Students scoring between 80% to 89.99% marksin eligibility qualification falls in Bracket -3 and are thus eligible for Scholarship of 30% of Programme fee in Phase-1.
NOTE: For Lateral Entry Programmes, in addition to Eligibility Qualification, Scholarship will also be offered on the basis of qualification previous to Eligibility qualification. For example, someone seeking admission in B.Tech (Lateral Entry) can seek scholarship on the basis of Diploma (Eligibility Qualification) or 10th (Qualification previous to Diploma).
LPUNEST: For each Scholarship bracket, cut-offs are determined by the University and accordingly the Scholarships as mentioned in Table – 1 is offered. To know the tentative cut-off for various programmes and approximate number of students falling in different categories, refer university website www.lpu.in
In addition, the Scholarship is also available on the basis of:
- Percentage in Qualifying Exam
- Performance in Sports, Cultural, R&D, Co-curricular, Social Service and Bravery Awards
- Special Scholarship for Toppers of Education Board
- Fee Concession for Defence, Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Personnel and their dependents.
LPU NEST Application Form 2019
LPU NEST 2019 Application form has been released by the university for various UG & PG programmes. The aspirants can apply for the test via online and offline mode. Candidates can also obtain the application form and LPU NEST kit through the university centers.
- The candidates those wish to apply for entrance exam can apply as per the schedule given above.
- The candidates can register themselves on the website through online and offline mode.
- Candidates have to fill the basic details to generate the application number and password for subsequent logins.
- The application process will be started on different dates for all offered courses. Candidates can apply as per the course for which they are seeking admission.
- At the time of filling LPUNEST 2019 Application Form, candidates need to fill the exam center preference and book the slot for the online exam.
- The application form will be considered as completed only after the payment of application fee.
- Application fee can be paid through both online as well as offline mode.
- For online payment – Pay the application fee via Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking.
- For offline payment – Pay the application fee via Cash/ Cheque/ Demand Draft.
- The application fee will be INR 500/- for boys and INR 250 for girls (for all categories).
- The DD should be made in favor of “Lovely Professional University”, payable at Jalandhar.
- In case, the payment will be done through DD, then students have to send the printed application form along with DD to the address mentioned below:
Division of Admissions (LPUNEST-2019)
Lovely Professional University
Jalandhar- Delhi G.T. Road,
Phagwara, Punjab (India)-144411
LPUNEST 2019 Slot Booking
After sending the application form, candidates are required to book a slot for their examination. The slot booking window is activated on the website from March 1, 2019 onwards.
The link provided on the website will direct the candidates to a registration window. They are required to fill in their application number in order to book the slot. There are two options for booking exam slot –
- Applicant (In case you want to select date yourself)
- University (If you want to authorize University for slot booking)
- After selecting an option, fill your test city carefully as change of Test City will not be entertained in the future
- Applicants have to provide 5 choices of exam date if he/she opts for the university option for slot booking
Online Test booking system is a web-based online scheduling system that will be available at nest.lpu.in from March 2019.
Applicants can book center, date and time as per their own convenience. They have to book the test at least 3 days before the desired date.
- Slot bookings are done on the first-come-first-served basis and are subject to availability.
- It is strongly advised that applicant should book their exam slot at the earliest to avoid any inconvenience later on.
In case candidates authorize the university to book a slot, University will allow any one date (preferably from the given choices) for the exam as per the availability of exam slots.
- Applicants should visit www.lpu.in regularly and are required to fill username and password to check the allocated slot for the test.
- In case of non-availability of slots out of the choices filled by the applicant or any other delay, the university will allocate a different date to the applicant.
LPUNEST 2019 Admit Card
- The candidates can get their admit card after booking their slot for the exam.
- Just after the booking slot, candidates can download the LPU NEST Admit Card 2019.
- Candidates those exam slot will be booked by the university, can download the admit card after 48 hours from the slot booking through the official website of the university.
- The admit cards will not be send to any candidate individually.
LPUNEST 2019 Exam Centers
The exam is held nationwide across 200 centers and the candidates are generally allotted their preferred center. Candidates should check their exam centers beforehand and reach the centre before time on the exam day. Check the following map for LPUNEST Exam Centers:
LPUNEST 2019 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam: Online
- Type of Questions: Questions will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be set in English language.
- Total Sections: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology, English
- Duration: The duration of exam is 150 minutes.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for PCM/B sections and 2 marks for English.
- No Negative Marking.
Particulars Details Mode Online Duration of Examination 2 Hours 30 Minutes Medium of Language English or Hindi Sections
- Physics – 30 Questions
- Chemistry – 30 Questions
- Mathematics/Biology – 30 Questions
- English – 20 Questions
Nature of Question Objective i.e., Multiple Choice Questions Total Number of Questions 110 Questions Marking Scheme
- In Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- In English, 2 marks will be awarded for each correct answer.
- No marks will be deducted for wrong responses or unanswered questions
Note: Candidates must not carry any paper or pens to the exam centre. Rough sheets will be provided at the centre.
LPUNEST 2019 Syllabus
- The question for MBA exam will be asked from English, General Awareness and General Aptitude.
- For B.Tech, the syllabus will be prepared from the 12th class syllabus which will contain the subjects like physics, chemistry, english, mathematics/biology.
- In Law exam, the topics will be picked from the Quantitative and Logical Aptitude, Legal Reasoning, Legal Reasoning and English.
LPU NEST Result 2019
- After the successful completion of the exam, the result will be declared for various courses.
- The candidates will able to check their results through online mode in the university website.
- To check the result, candidates will be needed their login credentials. So, keep the application number and password secure.
- The university will release the cut off marks for various courses. It can be different for all courses.
- The result will also be sent on the candidate’s registered email Id.
How to Check LPUNEST 2019 Result?
- The link to check the result of LPUNEST 2019 will be activated on the official website.
- Candidate will be required to enter their application number to access the result.
- Click on download and print out the result for further processes.
- Result will also be sent to the candidates through their registered email IDs.
LPUNEST 2019 Cut off
LPUNEST 2019 Cutoff is the minimum score a candidate requires to be eligible for admission to Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test.
For the academic year 2019-20 the cut off marks for B.Tech courses can be judged based on the previous year cut offs. The scholarship will also be awarded to those students who score more than or equal to the cutoff marks.
- The minimum marks are set by the University and are based on a number of factors.
- The cut off is based on number of applicants, number of vacant seats, average performance in the entrance test, and last year’s cut off.
- After the cut-off is declared, a Merit List will be prepared on the basis of the candidates’ score in the entrance test.
- Shortlisted candidates who will reach the cutoff marks will be called for counselling/ seat-allotment process.
- Generally, the merit list declares the top 30% performers as eligible for admission.
LPUNEST 2019 Counselling
- After publication of the result, the university will start the counselling or admission procedure.
- The counselling will be conducted through online mode in which seats will be allocated to the candidates.
- The candidates can participate in the admission procedure on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam and Interview.
- The candidates need to submit the counselling fee through online mode or by visiting the university campus or camp office.
- Candidates have to select the courses of their choices in the admission form, and upload the required documents.
- After verification of the documents, the candidates will be allotted the seat. Candidates can get admission within the prescribed time limits.
- Date of Birth Proof (10th certificate, PAN card/Aadhaar card)
- 10+2 Passing Certificate
- Score Card/ Rank card
LPUNEST 2019 – Streams Offered
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Information Technology (IT)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- ME – Mechatronics
- Aerospace Engineering
- Automobile Engineering (AE)
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Electrical Engineering (EE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Biotechnology (BT)
- Food Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering (CHE)
- CHE – Petroleum
Lovely Professional University,Jalandhar – Delhi G.T. Road,
Phagwara, Punjab (India) – 144411
Phone: +91-1824-404404 | 1800 102 4431Fax: +91-1824-506100 (Admission)
Fax: +91-1824-506111 (General)
Email: email@example.com (Admissions)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (General)