Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Ph.D. Admission 2019: Admit Card, Placement, Dates, Result, Fees The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (I
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Ph.D. Admission 2019: Admit Card, Placement, Dates, Result, Fees
IIFT comes with the notion of providing full coverage including all relevant fields and disciplines related to international business activities.
For the academic year, the university invites applications from qualified candidates for Ph.D. Program in the following departments in New Delhi and Kolkata:
Economy and Trade Policy
IT Innovation and Technical Management
Operations and Supply Chain
Candidates with a PG degree with a minimum duration of 2 years in any other relevant PG disciplines considered valid by the Competent Authority may register for the PhD. Programs.
Countries are reserved under the Government of India’s Rules of Procedure. Reservations are subject to candidates who meet the admissions requirements of the Institute in different categories. 49.5% seats are reserved for reserved categories like SC / ST / OBC / NRI etc.
Qualified candidates can register by completing the application form that can be obtained from the university’s website and submitting it with the required documents and processing fee.
|Registration||01st Mar – 26th Apr , 2019|
|Date of Entrance Examination||19th May, 2019|
|Announcement of Results||31st May, 2019|
|Interviews||17th Jun, 2019|
Ph.D. (Doctor of Philosophy) – Minimum 5 years (15 seats)
- General Management and Strategy
- Economics and Trade Policy
- IT Innovation and Tech Management
- Operations and Supply Chain
- Candidates from India and foreign countries are eligible for admission
- Candidate must have Master’s degree (including IIFT MPIB)/M.Phil. degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks or equivalent to B+
- Candidates who have hold of Diploma courses like PGDIM from IIMs /other diplomas considered equivalent to Master’s Degree with minimum 55% marks or CGPA equivalent to B+, from a recognized Institute.
- The degree/diploma of the institutes recognized by AICTE/UGC only would be considered. In such cases candidates would be required to produce the necessary certificate(s) from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- There is no age limit criteria imposed on the aspirant aspiring for admission
- Candidates with prior teaching and research experience or Candidates from industry having made exceptional contribution in their area of work would be given an important consideration.
- Credits would be given to candidates with good publication records such as books, papers in National/International Journals and paper presentation experiences in National/ International conferences
- Candidates from India are required to qualify in the Entrance test conducted by the University itself whereas for foreign candidates GMAT score is considered.
How to Apply
The candidates can download/ obtain the application form from the website. All fields in the application form should be correctly and completely filled-in with the relevant information. The duly filled application along with required processing fee in the form of DD and important enclosures to the said address.
Important steps for filling in the application form:
- Logon to the university website www.iift.edu. And download the application form
- Fill the application form with the necessary information
- Enclose the application form with the Demand Draft (of Rs. 2,500/- (`1250/- in respect of SC/ST candidates and US$120/ Rs.8, 500/- for Foreign Nationals) in favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi) and other important documents.
- The Duly filled in application forms must be sent to Ms. Lalita Gupta Section Officer (Research Division) INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 110016 Tel: 91-11- 26859582 (Direct) 26966563, 26965124, 26965051 (Ext. 426) Fax: 91-11-26867851 E-mail: email@example.com.
- Candidate must keep the Xerox copy of the completed applications for subsequent use
The candidate must submit the photo affixed and duly signed application along with the following documents:
- Copy of “Statement of Purpose” for the proposed Ph.D. Programme. (4-5 pages)
- Attested copies of certificates & mark-sheets of qualifying degrees obtained (from SSC level).
- Two passport size colour photographs.
- Two letters of recommendation (in the format provided in the Application Form).
- At least one example of scholarly research or professional writing. (Preferable)
- Bank draft of ` 2,500/- (`1,250/- in respect of SC/ST/PH category candidates and US$120/ `8,500/- for foreign nationals) in favour of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at NEW DELHI.
- SC/ST/OBC (NCL)/PH category candidates need to attach the requisite certificate.
- The Admit Cards will be sent BY POST to all the applicants.
- Candidate should carry one of the following documents: (a) Passport, (b) Election I-Card, (c) College I-Card, (d) Driving License, or (e) PAN Card for appearing in the Entrance Exam
- Application fee will not be refunded.
The University shall select the candidates on the basis of objective test, descriptive test and personal interview. Objective Test will be held on the scheduled date both at Kolkata and New Delhi campuses of the Institute. The candidates qualifying written test shall be called for subsequent phase of selection process comprising of descriptive test and personal interview to be held only at New Delhi campus.
The final selection of the candidate will be on the overall performance of the candidate in all the selection phases .The IIFT Admission Test shall be based on basic statistics, logical reasoning, data interpretation, mathematics of 12th standard, awareness of contemporary issues.
UGC JRF scholars in Economics and Management are not required appear in the Entrance Test. After submitting the proof of their UGC (JRF) scholarship letter along with the filled-in application form, they will have to appear in the interview only.
Overseas students with valid GMAT score (the GMAT result should not have been declared before 1st January 2014 and should be received by the Institute) are also exempted from appearing in Entrance Tests. Candidates only with GMAT scores of 500 and above may apply. However, they will be required to appear for viva-voce and attend the course work in the campus if selected.
Reservation of Seats
Seats are reserved according to the policy of Government of India.
Reservation of seats for the different categories is given below in the tabular form:
|Other backward classes||23%|
|General category candidates||50.5%|
The university facilitates the meritorious and the deserving
Candidates with financial aid. The University has a number
Provisions for providing the candidates with the facility of
Scholarships and fellowships. Some of them are enlisted:
- Need Based Scholarship Scheme
- “Central Sector Scholarship Scheme of Top Class Education for SC/ST Students”
- 1st five toppers each year are also given a scholarship of Rs. 50,000.
- The full time Ph.D. students will receive a fellowship of Rs.22, 000/- per month during the first two years of doctoral work. The fellowship will be renewed academic performance of the candidate.
- Annual contingency fund of `15,000/- throughout the period of scholarship.
- Various Banks tied up with IIFT that offer educational loans to the Students at a moderate rate of interest and no guarantee.
- No scholarship will be provided to the foreign students from the Institute
Desiring candidates can avail the hostel facility provided by the University. Separate hostel facility for boys and girls in both the campuses. The university hostels provide A-class mess facility. 24/7 availability of electricity, chilled and purified water and Wi-Fi service are the other facilities available in the hostels… The hostel rooms are spacious with a desk and chair for each candidate. There is an attached bathroom for every room as well.
IIFT provides separate hostel facility for boys and girls in both the campuses.