BITSAT BITSAT Examination 2017 BITSAT 2017 by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) for admission to various B. E. Programs at three camp
BITSAT Examination 2017
BITSAT 2017 by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) for admission to various B. E. Programs at three campuses of BITS – Pilani is, Goa and Hyderabad available. Undergraduate engineering degree from BITS is widely known in the country and many applicants, BITSAT every year. Full information on BITSAT 2017 are listed below.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|1||Release of Online Application Form||January 2017|
|2||Last Date of Registration||March 2017|
|3||Exam Slot Booking Schedule||March to April 2017|
|4||Release of Admit Card||April 2017|
|5||Date of BITSAT 2017 Exam||May 2017|
|6||Announcement of Result||July 2017|
- Name of Exam: BITSAT 2017
- Full Form of BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- Exam Conducting Body: BITS
- Exam Mode: Online
- Total Number of Seats: 2,200
Undergraduate Engineering Courses Offered by BITS
|1||BITS Pilani||Bachelor of Engineering
|2||BITS Goa||Bachelor of Engineering
|3||BITS Hyderabad||Bachelor of Engineering
Eligibility Criteria (Read Full Details)
- Candidates must have passed 12th standard from a recognized board.
- Candidates must have minimum 75% marks (aggregate) in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/Biology. Candidates need to secure at-least 60% marks in each of these subjects individually.
- Those candidates who are appearing for 12th board examination in 2017 or who have passed 12th in 2016 are only eligible to appear in BITSAT 2017.
Note: There will be a direct admission (without entrance exam) for board topper.
Application Form (Read Full Details)
The online application form of BITSAT will be released on the official website of BITS. Candidates can apply only thru online mode.
Application Fee Payment: Application fee is Rs. 2200 for male candidates and application fee is Rs. 1700 for female candidates. Candidates can submit their application fee thru online and offline. For online mode candidates can pay thru net banking/debit card/credit card and for offline mode candidates can pay at any branch of ICICI Bank.
Exam Slot Booking
Applicants have to book an exam slot as per their convenience. After confirmation of booking, exam centre and exam date/time cannot be changed.
Note: without booking an exam slot, admit card won’t be issued.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus (Read Full Details)
- The exam will be conducted online mode.
- There will be four sections namely (1) Physics, (2) Chemistry, (3) Mathematics and (4) English & Logical Reasoning.
- Questions will be objective type (multiple choice types).
- Duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be 150 questions for 450 marks (each question equal to 3 marks).
- There will be negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
Note: If a candidate answers all the 150 questions, in that case candidate has an option of attempting 12 extra questions (if some time left). These extra questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics only; 4 questions from each part.
Admit Card (Read Full Details)
Candidates need to download their admit card from BITS official website. BITS will not send admit card by the post and without admit card candidates will not be able to enter into examination centre.
Cut Off (Read Full Details)
The cut off is the minimum marks, obtained by candidates to be eligible for counselling. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of applicant’s performance.
Result (Read Full Details)
Result will be announced by BITS and will be available on the official website. Candidates can check result by entering their application number and password. BITS will release the admit list and wait list; admit list will contain the names of those candidates who have been selected for the admission process, these candidates will be allocated in the first interaction of counselling and wait list will contain the names of those candidates who have not been selected for the first interaction, but if any seats left wait list candidates will be called for the same.
Counselling (Read Full Details)
Counselling will be held simultaneously for BITS campuses (Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad). Those candidates who have scored higher ranks will be called to attend the first round of counselling. Usually three rounds of counselling happens.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE EXAMINATIONS