VIT UG 2017- The Vellore Institute of Technology has invited applications for the admission to the undergraduate courses for the academic year 2017-20
VIT UG 2017- The Vellore Institute of Technology has invited applications for the admission to the undergraduate courses for the academic year 2017-2018. The courses offered are BBA / BCA / B.Sc. (Computer Science) / B.Sc./B.Com, Multimedia and Animation / B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management. The candidates who are interested will be able to fill the application form from 05 April 2017 to the last date 05 June 2017. There will be an online test for the admission to these courses and the mode will be online. The VIT test will take place on 07 June 2017. All of you who are interested in filling the form can do so at the official website at vit.ac.in. The candidates who want to fill the form in offline mode can get the form from the counter of the institute by paying a sum of Rs. 400. Please fill in the form and send a copy to the institute at the address below.
The Candidates will learn in this article the important dates for VIT 2017 for undergraduate programs. Admission and other details such as Educational Criteria, Age Criteria, How to apply for, VIT 2017 Admit Card, VIT 2017 Result, VIT 2017 Counselling, Documents to be send along the application from at vit.ac.in.
Important dates for VIT
|Online application begins||05 April 2017|
|Last date of issue of the application forms||05 June 2017|
|Online application ends||07 June 2017|
|Counselling / Interview Date||15 Jun 2017|
|Last Date for payment of fees||26 Jun 2017|
|Commencement of classes||10 Jul 2017|
Courses offered by VIT 2017 for Undergraduate Programmes
|Courses offered in Velore||Courses offered in Bhopal|
Eligibility criteria for VIT UG 2017 Admissions
|B.Sc. Computer Science / BCA||A candidate must have a minimum of 70% overall aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination in any stream with Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
|B.Sc. Multimedia and Animation||A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination or have a Diploma (10+3) in any stream with a minimum of 70% overall.|
|B.Sc. Catering and Hotel Management||A candidate must have passed Higher Secondary Examination or have a Diploma (10+3) in any stream|
|B.Com. (Bachelor of Commerce) / BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)||A candidate must have a minimum of 70% overall aggregate in Higher Secondary Examination. And the Student must have studied Commerce / Accountancy / Mathematics as one of the subjects.|
Age Criteria for VIT 2017 admissions
- A Candidate whose birth date falls on or after 1 July 1997 are eligible to apply.
- The date of birth must be same as recorded in the High School / SSC/ X certificate.
- The Candidates should be able to produce the original certificate as a proof of their age. If the candidate does not produce this document his candidature will be liable to be rejected.
Shortlisted Candidates for Counselling
The Vellore Institute of Technology has published the Names of candidates who have been shortlisted for the Counselling. The counselling will be held as per the schedule provided above & list of shortlisted candidates is provided below for your convenience.
How to apply for VIT 2017 in undergraduate courses
The application will be done in SIX steps. The steps are as follows:-
STEP I New User Registration
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully.
- The applicant will receive a password over the registered mobile no. and email id.
- All the necessary communications will be made through this number and id in the future. Request for change of mobile no. & e-mail id will not be entertained.
STEP II Confirmation of Password
- All the registered users need to login now with the email id and password received from VIT.
STEP III Filling Online Application Form
- Candidates will be required to enter all the relevant details carefully before submission.
- An application number will be generated after the submission of the application.
- This application number can be referred to for all the future correspondence.
STEP IV Mode of Payment
- The amount that all the candidates will need to pay is a sum of Rs. 400/-
- The payment can be made in Online mode through Netbanking / Credit / Debit card.
STEP V Photo & Signature Upload
- Photograph Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 4.5 CM.
- Signature Image: The size of the file that the candidate is going to upload should be between should be between 10 KB to 200 KB with the dimension of 3.5 CM X 1.5 CM.
- Please note that selfie photo is not allowed.
STEP VI Payment transaction queries
- At the time of transaction, if the amount has debited from your account already, please do not fill another application.
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- If you were unable to see the transaction details please wait for 24hrs and try for the payment once again in the same registered email id.
The candidates after filling the application will require to send a hardcopy of the application form along with the following documents enclosed with the VIT UG 2017 application form to
Director, UG Admissions
Vellore – 632 014
Ph : +91-416-220 2157/2168
Fax : +91 416-224 5544/ 0411
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director, Admissions
VIT University – Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 127
Ph : +91 44-3993 1555 / 3993 1008
Fax : +91 44-3993 2555
Mail : email@example.com
Documents to be attached along with the application for VIT 2017 for the undergraduate admissions
- Copy of age proof certificate.
- Copy of XII statement of marks certificate.
- Copy of community certificate (for reserved category SC/ST only).
- Copy of nativity certificate (if the applicant is from Jammu & Kashmir and north eastern states candidates).
- Copy of sports certificates (if the candidate is applying through sports quota).
Admit card for VIT 2017
The VIT 2017 Admission Card for undergraduate courses will be available for those candidates who fill the Application Form within the span of prescribed time. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the Vellore Institute of Technology at vit.ac.in. The admit card will be issued one week before the exam. The candidate must check the site regularly for the availability of the admit card. The admit card has to be brought along on the day of the examination.
Result for VIT 2017
VIT UG 2017 on the official website at vit.ac.in. The date of the results has not been announced as of now. The students are informed that the result page will be available as soon as it is updated on the official website. We will update the VIT page along with the steps to learn how to download the result page and what to do after obtaining the result page.
at to do after obtaining the result page.
Counselling for VIT 2017
- The VIT result will be announced after the exam. Soon after the exam result there will be a counselling which will begin in order to complete the admission process. The candidates are informed that there will be a counselling processing fee of Rs. 12,000/- required to be paid through a demand draft in favor of the Vellore University payable at Vellore. The candidate must have the DD and a set of photocopies of the certificate mentioned above.
- The selected candidates will have to submit DD for Rs. 12,000/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore. This amount includes counselling processing fee of Rs. 5,000/-.
- The counselling fee is non-refundable, however, it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
- The Candidates will have to participate in the VIT Counselling process for the purpose of document verification. In The cases where the candidate fails to produce any of these documents, he/she shall be disqualified for admission.
- The seat allotment for a programme once made is final and cannot be changed at all. If the candidate do not have DD they will not be permitted to attend the counselling.
- Candidates will be allowed to choose their choice of campus.
- The Counselling processing fee ( Rs. 5,000/-) is nonrefundable, but it will be adjusted in the tuition fees once the candidate joins the University.
Selection procedure for VIT 2017 Admissions
After the VIT Result has been announced, the qualifying candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the aggregate of total marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination.
This will the the sole process, therefore the candidate shall not request for admission through any other mode. He/she has to participate in the counselling if they want to take admission.
If you have any query please comment in the box below.