MAH CET 2018 About the Exam Aspirants who wanted to pursue there Masters in Business administrative can fill the form of MAH CET 2018 for the admi
MAH CET 2018
About the Exam
Aspirants who wanted to pursue there Masters in Business administrative can fill the form of MAH CET 2018 for the admission in 400 colleges of Maharastra. MAH CET 2018 Entrance exam is a computer based exam of 21/2 hours (150 minutes) duration. All question would be objective type consist 200 question. After appearing in MAH CET Entrance exam aspirants can take admission un the best of 400 colleges in Maharashtra.
For the all India candidates who are wanted to appear in the MAH CET 2018 there is 15% to 35% seat allocation is available in exam. These candidates will also be offered admission on the basis of their scores in two All India MBA entrance exams – CAT 2017 and CMAT 2018. MAH-CET 2018 notification release for all the courses, MAH MBA/MMS CET 2018 registration and application has opened on January 22, and will close on February 14, 2018.
MAH CET 2018 exam for admission to MBA/MMS 2018-20 batch will be held on March 10 & 11, 2018.
Declaration of MAH CET 2018 result on March 19, 2018, Directorate of Technical Education DTE Maharashtra will start the counseling process known as – Centralized Admission Process (CAP) to allotment of seat for all the participating MBA colleges inbetween of mid May to first week of june . the merit list will be released after the verification process of documents of the qualified candidates . This will facilitate the B-school allotment process. Final Merit list is proposed to be declared in the second week of June 2018.
All the top colleges of Maharashtra offering MBA course will participate in CAP round. It will include colleges like JBIMS Mumbai, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya . aspirants will get admission in their choice of college on the basis of seat matrix and B-school alloment through DTE-CAP 2018.
Immediately with the The State Common Entrance Cell – DTE Maharashtra will conduct the MAH-CET 2018 and has announced the MAH MBA/MMS CET 2018 exam schedule which will be held on Match 10 & 11, 2018 across the country.
MAH CET 2018: Important Dates
|MAH CET 2018 Application Registration date:||22-01-2018 to 14-02-2018|
|MAHCET 2018 Admit Card||26-02-2018 Onwards|
|Date of MAH MBA/MMS CET 2018||10/03/2018 & 11/03/2018|
|MAH CET 2018 result||19-03-2018|
MAH CET 2018: Admission Regulating Authority
The Government of Maharashtra has established “ADMISSIONS REGULATING AUTHORITY AND STATE COMMON ENTRANCE TEST CELL” as per the provisions of the Maharashtra Unaided Private Professional Educational Institutions (Regulation of Admissions & Fees) Act. 2015 (Mah. Act No. XXVIII of 2015). The Commissioner of State CET Cell is Competent Authority for conducting CETs.
As per the DTE norms JBIMS Mumbai will also take admissions for MMS 2018-20 batch by following the MAH CET CAP process
As per the notification published by DTE Maharashtra ref. 2A/ADM/MBA-MMS/2017/1221 dated October 18, they declared that the all india candidate who wanted to take admission in Maharashtra’s B-school The scores of XAT 2018 conducted by XLRI, MAT conducted by AIMA or scores of ATMA will no longer be considered . they can only take admission on the basis of MAH-CET, CAT and CMAT.
MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
MAH-CET 2018 would be an online computer base exam for admission to AICTE approved MBA/MMS/ PGDM courses 2018-20 batch in 400 MBA colleges across the state of Maharashtra. No structural and content based changes in MAH CET 2018 are announced by DTE Maharashtra.
- The test will be conducted on 2 days March 10 & 11, 2018 divided in multiple slots.
- MAH MBA-CET 2018 is an online computer based test.
- The duration of test will be of 2 and half hours.
- The test will consist of only objective type Questions (MCQs).
- There will be 200 question in the test .
- The tests will be provided in English only.
- The will be not any kind of negative marking for wrong answers.
- Exam will consist of 3 sections which will consist Reasoning , quantitative aptitude and verbal ability .
|Section name||Number of questions||Mark per question||Total marks for the section|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
|Total marks for the test||200|
Key points to remember on MAHCET 2018 exam day:
You are advised to bring with you the following:
- Admit card with photo affixed thereon
- Photo ID card in Original with Xerox
- One Ball point pen and a pencil.
- Persons with Disabilities (PWD) should bring duly filled Scribe form if applicable.
MAH CET 2018 :Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully filled the form of MAH-CET 2018 will be able to download the admit card from February 26, 2018 from the official website of DTE Maharashtra. The admit card will be downloadable till the exam date of MAH CET 2018 .
It is mandatory to bring the admit card and will only downloaded from the official site of DTE Maharashtra as there is not any facility of providing the hardcopy of the admit card via any communication
Steps to download MAHCET 2018 Hall ticket
- Only successfully Registered candidates for MAHCET 2018 will be able to login on DTE Maharashtra website to download their MAH MBA/MMS CET 2018 admit card with their registered MAH-CET 2018 ID and password.
- Candidate will login with your MAH CET 2018 registration number.
- Enter your Password( Date of Birth) to download the admit card for MAHCET 2018.
- The format of Date of Birth should be entered in DD-MM-YY.
- Insert the verification code to view and download the MAHCET 2018 Admit Card.
Note : please ensure that all the details are available in the admit card and if you find any information incorrect or missing, please immediately contact the DTE Maharashtra helpline.
Admit card will consist following details
Photograph & Signature: The admit card must have your photograph that you uploaded.
Application ID: It should be the same as your registered ID for MAHCET 2018
Seat No: The allotted seat number .
Name of the candidate: Your name as you entered in the registration/application form for MAH CET 2018
DOB: Your date of birth as you entered in the application form
Communication Address: The address given in the application form
City & Venue for CET: Name of the test city and test venue with address
Date & Time of CET: It should have the test date and time slot allotted to you to take MAHCET 2018 exam
Password: Your registered password will be mentioned here
Eligible Photo ID Proof
One original photo identity proof will be required to enter the examination centre. The ID Proof could be one of the following:
- Voter Identity Card
- PAN Card
- Driving License
- Student Identity Card
- Aadhaar Card
Without the photo identity proof, you will not be allowed to enter the test venue.
Please note that Ration Card is not valid id proof for MAHCET 2018.
DTE Maharashtra – contact details
Phone No: 91-022-2264 1150, 2264 1151, 2262 0601, 2269 0602
Fax No: 91-022-2269 2102, 2269 0007
Tips for MAH-CET 2018
Begin from easy to difficult question right from the first test section
- Don’t scan entire test paper and avoid wastage of time
- Maximize attempts
- Focus on strong areas first and only after that go for guess work
- Balance your attempts in all the sections
- Reasoning has maximum questions and if you have good command on it finish it in first 60 minutes
- RC passages are short and easy. They are followed by more questions. Better to get maximum out of them
- Quant is good scoring test. Make sure to hit the maximum in it.
- Time is short; manage it and don’t stick to one question. If found difficult, move on to next question
MAH CET Result
The result of MAH CET 2018 will be declared on march 19, 2018. This is also expected that the resut will be released before the announced date.
DTE Maharashtra will start Centralized process (CAP) 2018 almost after 2 month of result declaration of MAH- CET 2018. CAP counsilling round will be have the following process.
- verification of documents.
- A Merit score will be generated separately for MS category and OMS category candidates by State CET cell on the basis of written exam score, academics, work experience and other factors considered in admission round.
- On the basis of merit score, MBA/MMS 2018-20 batch Seat allotment in the MBA colleges in Maharashtra to Mahashtra state (MS) and Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) candidates will be made.
- CAP consists of many rounds of admission and the candidates, if they do not join a lower rung MBA college despite scoring good score, may get an opportunity of being upgraded to better MBA college.
DTE CAP 2018 for MBA/MMS Admissions
CAP 2018 Registration Fee
- The registration fee for CAP for open Maharashtra State category or Outside Maharashtra State(All India ) category candidates is Rs 1000/- and for reserved Maharashtra State(Domicile of Maharashtra ) category is Rs.800/-
- Candidates who have registered earlier and paid the fee, but did not appear in MAH CET 2018, you can login as already registered candidate.
MAH CET CAP process 2018:
MAH CET CAP process is known as the final round of the admission in top colleges of Maharashtra . The cap process will be started in May 2018 for admission to 400 B-schools in Maharashtra. CAP is the final admission round for MBA admission to JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA and other 400 B-schools in Maharashtra.Only MAHCET, CAT, CMAT scores acceptable in CAP 2018
the most important changes, which DTE Maharashtra has announced this year is that only the candidates who have taken CAT 2017, CMAT 2018, GMAT and MAHCET 2018 are eligible to participate in CAP 2018 for admission to MBA programmes in Maharashtra B-schools.
Key dates to participate in CAP 2018 on the basis of MAH MBA-CET 2018, CAT, CMAT, GMAT are shared below:
|Application process for CAP 2018 for all candidates begins||May 2018 second week|
|Centralized Admission Process (CAP) 2018 – document verification begins||May 2018 second week|
|Last date to apply to participate in CAP 2018||June 2018 first week|
|Last date of CAP 2018 document verification||June 2018 first week|
|Date of publication of Final Merit List for admission||June 2018 second week|
|Application fee for CAP 2018||Rs.1000/-|
After declaration of MAH CET exam result for MBA admission, the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Maharashtra will announce the Centralized Admission Process (CAP) 2018 schedule. CAP 2018 will be conducted in the month of May 2018 at number of MBA colleges in Maharashtra called Facilitation Centres (FCs).
CAP 2018 to have 4 admission rounds
CAP 2018 will be conducted in 4 rounds. The process will consist of Online Application submission; Option form submission, document verification, counselling alongwith brief GD-PI, generation of merit list and allotment of MBA seat. Final allotment of seats will be based on your scores in MAHCET ; CAT; GMAT, CMAT exams, academics & other parameters leading to merit score in CAP round.
Types of MBA seats available for admission through DTE-CAP 2018:
- Maharashtra State Candidature Seats: The Candidates having Maharashtra State Candidature shall be eligible for these seats
- All India Candidature Seats: The Candidates who is having All India Candidature shall be eligible for these seats.
- Minority Quota Seats: The Candidates who is having Minority Candidature shall be eligible for these seats. These seats shall be filled in accordance with the various provisions of the Act.
- Institutional Quota Seats: The Institution can admit Eligible Candidates against 20% of the Sanctioned Intake.
- The maximum 5% seats may be filled in from the NRI Candidates, only if it is approved by the Appropriate Authority at the Institution level.
Eligibility for CAP 2018
- Anybody from outside of Maharashtra State(All India ) or having the domicile of Maharashtra are eligible for the test and Admissions to MBA/MMS through Centralized Admission Process (CAP) 2018 conducted by DTE Maharashtra
- The candidates securing Non Zero Positive marks(should not be zero or negative )/score in MAH-MBA/ MMS-CET 2018 or GMAT/CAT/CMAT will be eligible to get admission to MBA/MMS/PGDBM/PGDM course in the State of Maharashtra through CAP round.
- The candidates must duly register themselves for MAH-CET CAP 2018 by paying the applicable fee to DTE Maharashtra
Stages of DTE CAP 2018: From Application to Selection
- Candidates need to fill Online Application Form for participation in the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) 2018.
- There should be Confirmation of Online Application Form and Document Verification and counselling along with brief Group discussion , Personal Interview at Facilitation Centre by the Candidate in person.
- It should be Display or publishing of Provisional merit lists, Submission of grievances, if any, and Display or publishing of Final Merit Lists.
- There will be Display of available Category wise Seats (Seat Matrix) for CAP Rounds I, II and III.
- Candidate need to Fill up and Confirm the Online Option Form which would have the preferences of Courses and Institutions before CAP Round I according to their choice.
- Candidates may fill in choices of Institutes and Courses in decreasing order of their preference as specified by Competent Authority. The option form once confirmed shall be considered for allotment in CAP Round I, II, and III.
- Display of Provisional Allotment of CAP Round I, II, and III indicating allotted institute and Course. The seat allotment will be based on your scores in MAHCET; CAT; XAT; GMAT, MAT; CMAT; ATMA exams, Academics & other parameters leading to merit score in CAP round.
- Candidate need to report at their Admission Reporting Centre (ARC) for the acceptance of seat allotment in CAP Round , II, and III.
- DTE will set up around 190 FCs in different MBA colleges of Maharashtra to appear for DTE CAP 2018 for admission to MBA/MMS 2018-20.
for more exams click here