Delhi University ECA / Sports Admission: All you need to know about Delhi University ECA Admissions 2017 has been detailed here. It is mandatory for a
Delhi University ECA / Sports Admission: All you need to know about Delhi University ECA Admissions 2017 has been detailed here. It is mandatory for all the Colleges to provide sports facilities and encourage all students to participate in sports and extracurricular activities by introducing inter-class competitions and mass sports.
The existing provision of not more than 5% of the Sports / ECA quota (subject- wise) be continued. The Colleges should be free to decide on the actual number of seats to be filled on sports grounds (not more than 5%) keeping the facilities available, the requirement of the College and other relevant factors.
Schedule of ECA Trials for various activities in colleges for undergraduate courses 2017
UG Admission procedure in a nut-shell
The admissions to various colleges of the University of Delhi are based on merit/entrance criteria.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programmes/courses must register on a centralized admission Web Portal, for which the details are given in this Bulletin.
- Applicants seeking admission to UG entrance test based programme/courses need to apply on a separate portal for which the registration will start soon and date will be announced on the University of Delhi website http://www.du.ac.in/du/.
UG Merit Based Admission procedure
- Online Registration: The applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programme must register through online registration.
- Cut-offs: The applicants must check the centralized Admission Web Portal (https://ug.du.ac.in/app/) and respective college website for cut-offs for different programmes.
- Selection of Colleges/Programmes: The applicants who meet the requisite cut-off should login to the UG admission portal into their registration account and select college/programme where the applicant wishes to take admission and meets the desired cutoff criterion.
- Verification of documents at Colleges: The applicant shall take the print out of the admission form and together with the list of documents/certificates, and proceed to the respective college for verification of mark-sheet/certificates, calculation of cut-off percentage depending on the programme/course. The schedule for verification of documents in the colleges.
- Approval of admission: The college will retain the certificates of approved applicant in order to avoid multiple admissions. The certificates will remain with the colleges during the admission process. After this, the college will approve the admission on the UG admission portal. However, the colleges shall promptly return the documents in case student withdraws/cancels the admission or student wishes to appear in counselling of any other university/ institute.
- Online payment of Admission fee: The applicant will then be required to log-on to the UG admission portal to make the online Admission Fee payment through the available online payment options. The approved applicant is permitted to make online admission fee payment till 12 noon of the next day of the given admission list deadline
For more details of DU ECA and Sports Admission 2017 – Download Information Brochure.